No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skruf Modern Vase Signed by BENGT EDENFALK  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Orsand

• Members
Skruf Modern Vase Signed by BENGT EDENFALK
« on: April 28, 2010, 08:11:44 PM »
I thought I just posted this message-but evidently I did something wrong, so will post it again.
First time poster-so my apology is I end up double posting!

My uncle is going into a rest home and the responsibility for selling some of his antiques has fallen on me.
One item is a vase by Skruf that is signed by BENGT EDENFALK. Mr. Edenfalk also signed the word "Skruf" in addition to
his name as well as wrote "Y291" on the bottom of the vase.
It's a heavy vase and in great condition. Approx 7.5 inches tall.
I am hoping someone will have an idea of when it might have been made and a ballpark idea of it's value.
Also, any recommendations on the best avenue to sell it would be great.
Here are a couple photos from my photobucket account:
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/shrub1978/skruf2.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j136/shrub1978/scruf5.jpg

Whatever help you can give me would be so greatly appreciated! My uncle has a lot of medical bills we
need to pay and anything I can do to help him out by getting a fair price for his items would be wonderful!
Thanks

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Skruf Modern Vase Signed by BENGT EDENFALK
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 09:30:02 PM »
Welcome to the board Orsand.

Bengt Edenfalk designed for the Skruf glassworks in Sweden from 1953 to 1978. You have a vase designed by him, the Y291 will likely be a pattern number. Not sure when it would have been made but the Skruf mark with the crown may help to narrow down a date.

John

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Skruf Modern Vase Signed by BENGT EDENFALK
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 05:58:16 AM »
Orsand:

It's a lovely piece by one of the designers I really like. However, it's production piece, one that is made in fairly large numbers, and, therefore, unlikely to fetch a large amount, say over 60 pound. It's very unlikely that Edenfalk actually signed the piece. That job was done by soemone near the end of the process.

Most people on this board are extremely reluctant to give a value, because values are very hard to pin down. It all depends on who sees the vase when it's on sale and how much they want it. On eBay it might go for relatively little, say 20 pounds, or it might go for a great deal more if two people want it and start bidding against each other. Even then, I don't see it going for more 100 pounds.

To me, the value in such a piece is very personal and so I would tend not to sell it. But that doesn't help you much.

Good luck at a difficult time.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand