No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Waltersperger French Opaline Perfume  (Read 6009 times)

Connie

Waltersperger French Opaline Perfume
« on: November 23, 2005, 01:49:16 PM »
Another perfume or scent bottle I recently acquired.  I have learned that Waltersperger is one of the largest producers of perfume bottles and other bottles in France.  Yet this bottle appears to be better than just a mass produced bottle.  I absolutely love the colors.  What is the proper name of this type of glass.  I don't know any US makers who have ever made anything like this!

If this does turn out to be a mass produced bottle I don't care.  I love it and the way that light plays on the glass making it look like a real opal  :D

Mod: The pictures from this post have been deleted by the owner. The GMB recommends using the attach facility, or the Glass Gallery, to add permanent images to your own posts. Click here for more info.

Sklounion

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 06:19:08 PM »
Hi Connie,

See this link: (English available)
http://www.flacon-verre.com/savoir_faire/competences_verrier.php3

They still seem to exist, and are @ the fifth largest producer of perfume bottles, but using semi-automatic moulding methods.

Sadly, though they have registered a web-site, this is completely undeveloped.

Regards,

Marcus

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 01:59:37 AM »
Great photos Connie.
You deserve to do well with this but crucially, I believe, for the perfume bottle collector market, you need to know what perfume went into it.
I'm guessing that this one was never filled. :roll:
Pete

Connie

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 10:28:13 AM »
Thank you, Marcus and Peter for your comments.  Marcus I had also found some info on the company but not much.

I know they were founded around 1916.  They make perfume bottles for high end designer perfumes. I found info where they made the bottle designed by Pierre Dinand to hold Sak's 5th Ave Private Paradise.  Dinand designed the bottles for Opium, Obsession, etc.

www.pierre-dinand.com

I don't think my bottle has ever held perfume.  There is no smell and no residue. So in addition to looking  for the perfume maybe I should look for the designer of the bottle also ??   :?

Edited to add:  I found an e-mail for the company so I just e-mailed them the photos and asked for additional information.  I hope they answer  8)

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 11:01:20 AM »
They're not even mentioned in "The Art of Perfume" but it is in the Blangy valley one of 4 surviving Flaconneries where there used to be 30.  I saw the local glass museum there, it is (you guessed) stuffed full of perfume bottles and decommissioned perfume bottle making machines. They're a small company:

WALTERSPERGER [VERRERIE]
Headquarters & Plant:  BP 42, 5 Avenue de la Gare, F-76340 Blangy-sur-Bresle, France
Company Officers William Pariche: President, Alain Malivoir: Commercial Director
Annual turnover US$ 4 million
Turnover from glass: 100%
Tot. number of employees: 48
Company founded: 1916
Nominal capital:US$ 130,000
Number of furnaces: 2
Tons/day (total): 3
Bank Societé Générale Dieppe
Export: yes
Company production Bottles and containers
Cosmetics, Perfume, Spirits; From 3 ml. up to 3,000 ml. Narrow neck Wide mouth
(Primary glass manufacturer)
Colours:Antique, Black, Blue, Brown, Dark green, Half green, Half white, Light green, Opal, White, Yellow
Production techniques:Semi-automatic, Moulds in house

Connie

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 11:07:04 AM »
Yes, Ivo that is the exact same info that I have found.  There is scant info available on the company itself  much less its specific production :cry:

I found where they also produced the bottle for Walter Wolf Formel 1 - a line of after shave/cologne for men named after the Walter Wolf Formula 1 racing team.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand