No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stourbridge vase wheel looking for new home.  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Stourbridge vase wheel looking for new home.
« on: April 30, 2010, 06:56:21 PM »
nothing worse than not taking your own advice  -  and have discovered that I didn't take a pic. of 'deco' style vase from the boot sale, so can't show you what it looked like, since I put it in the glass re-cycling bin :cry: why - because when I washed it under warm water it cracked and that was that.  So, I have the wheel only - good nick really as you can see from the pics. and guess I don't now have a use for it.  Reg. No. is for the Stourbridge Glass Co., first registered in May '23, and only very minor flea bites to the underside.   The wheel is free to anyone who can use it  -  just send me an email.   Paul S.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Stourbridge vase wheel looking for new home.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 04:28:28 PM »
just to say that this item has in fact now found a new home.     thanks for looking folks.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 01:04:15 PM »
Grateful thanks, Paul, it arrived safely today.   It sorts out a standard amber Davidson 278 I bought about twelve years ago, fitted with a Bernsdorf Evelyn flower support.   I knew it wouldn't take long to find the correct Premier support to match!

Janet will be delighted.   At long last she has five of our favourite flower vases all present and correct.   See http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-12824 and http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-12823

Bernard C.  8)

Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 01:41:49 PM »
glad it arrived safely Bernard  -  and more importantly glad to see someone who actually uses their pieces.    Regret that I seem belong to that group of collectors who are paranoid about breakages, so most things never see the light of day (at least in terms of use)    cheers            Paul S.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 02:01:10 PM »
Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Janet!  :bday: :cake: :fwr:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 06:00:59 PM »
Pamela — Janet just asked me to pass on her thanks and warm regards.   I wonder how you knew ....?  ;D

Bernard C.  :angel:
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 07:24:38 PM »
so many beautiful flowers for GORGEOUS GRANNY !
 8)
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand