No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: dartington dish ID = Hilary Green for Dartington, BD836/GR  (Read 1802 times)

Offline kazleeb

• Members
dartington dish ID = Hilary Green for Dartington, BD836/GR
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:14:03 PM »
hi,any ideas on the possible date of this please,didnt know it was dartington till i got it home and saw the stamp underneath,thanks kaz

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: dartington dish
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 09:03:30 PM »
I don't remember seeing that design before, that, the colour and the etched Dartington makes me think it's fairly modern.

You could contact them and ask if no one else can help: http://www.dartington.co.uk/about/visitors-centre/

John

Offline kazleeb

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 09:24:25 PM »
thankyou John i wil do it tomorrow,kaz

Offline kazleeb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 06:56:15 PM »
hi,ive emailed dartington and they was great got a answer near enough straight away,its called a star bowl and was in prodution in 1992-1993 they did it in blue and clear both these were in production for a while longer,the production ref is :BD836/GR,it retailed at £135,and designed by Hilary Green who still works there,perhaps ive got a rarity of the future! not bad for a fiver its beautiful in the sun,thanks kaz

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 07:11:14 PM »
Good to see Dartington customer relations are doing their job well, I think they have answered several questions promptly from members of this board.

I'll be keeping an eye out for one of those bowls too. ;D

John

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 10:31:16 AM »
Hi Kaz, good on you for getting this info! Just checking, do you mean #BD836/GR, or is there a special meaning for the ":"?

hi,ive emailed dartington and they was great got a answer near enough straight away,its called a star bowl and was in prodution in 1992-1993 they did it in blue and clear both these were in production for a while longer,the production ref is :BD836/GR,it retailed at £135,and designed by Hilary Green who still works there,perhaps ive got a rarity of the future! not bad for a fiver its beautiful in the sun,thanks kaz

Offline kazleeb

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »
hi Cathy no special meaning sorry i alays do that : after ref ,kaz

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 03:43:46 AM »
Ta Kaz, I can do the title now - since stupid assumptions are worse than stupid questions I thought I'd better ask!  :24:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand