No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is This Riihimaki ????  (Read 2654 times)

Offline artyroy

• Members
Is This Riihimaki ????
« on: May 03, 2010, 03:52:39 PM »
 :thup:
Hi , I was wondering if anyone on the GMB knows if this is Riihimaki Glass ???? having looked at various other pieces I believe it could be , but am looking for possible comfirmation , eg designer etc : It stands 6 1/2" high has a flared bulb top which is 2 1/2" long a thick clear glass base and is a dark / indigo blue in colour , I look forward to any response from you good people on GMB ...thank you Roy :hiclp:

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Is This Riihimaki ????
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 04:10:27 PM »
Can't find this shape documented anywhere, it may be Rhimaen Lasi, just as likely is a design by Bo Borgstrom for Aseda. May need to find one with a sticker or a source with reliable information.

John

Offline mbmb

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »
In the words of Franklin D. Roosevelt: look to Norway. This model is called “Bluebell”, and together with its sister model “Cornflower” it constituted the “Mountainblue” series designed by Willy Johansson (1921-1993) of Hadeland in Norway. It came on the market in 1970 in several sizes, yours being a middle size. It was not rated as art glass, and so not signed. But it’s a nice piece anyway.

Yours
mbmb

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 08:04:27 PM »
I see someones just answered this one.

Just came across the following ebay item: 380230606716

as attributed - designed by Willy Johansson of Hadeland

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 10:43:04 PM »

Offline artyroy

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 09:34:49 AM »
Can't find this shape documented anywhere, it may be Rhimaen Lasi, just as likely is a design by Bo Borgstrom for Aseda. May need to find one with a sticker or a source with reliable information.

John
Many thanks for your input into this item much appreciated Regards Roy

Offline artyroy

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 09:35:49 AM »
I see someones just answered this one.

Just came across the following ebay item: 380230606716

as attributed - designed by Willy Johansson of Hadeland

Offline artyroy

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 09:36:31 AM »
In the words of Franklin D. Roosevelt: look to Norway. This model is called “Bluebell”, and together with its sister model “Cornflower” it constituted the “Mountainblue” series designed by Willy Johansson (1921-1993) of Hadeland in Norway. It came on the market in 1970 in several sizes, yours being a middle size. It was not rated as art glass, and so not signed. But it’s a nice piece anyway.

Yours
mbmb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand