No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ACH-O-O-O, Anyone have a HANKERCHIEF: Whoops, have ONE  (Read 2808 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
ACH-O-O-O, Anyone have a HANKERCHIEF: Whoops, have ONE
« on: May 05, 2010, 12:30:57 AM »
Hi I just bought myself this gift today.  I treated myself - and why not??

This vase has white, and nice green colors of stripes.  It is about 6.50 inches at the tallest tip on the top, and the LOWER tips at the top are at about 5.25 inches from the base.  It is about 6.50 wide across the top, and about 3.25 across the bottom including the scrolls.  Looks like it has a pontil mark -- and the footed rippled base also flecks of gold in it.

Any idea on Marker, age, and value??

Thanks as always - I hope I bought myself a good gift ;)
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
Re: ACH-O-O-O, Anyone have a HANKERCHIEF: Whoops, have ONE
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 12:34:13 AM »
*** More pic...  :chky: :chky:  Love the swirls against the light in the last photo  :hiclp:

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 02:04:00 AM »
I just bought this about 4 hours ago, and took pics when I got home (then made supper) then loaded them on here -- so ONLY now I am *rooting* around here on the net to see what I can find (since most people over the pond are sleeping).

Could this Be Murano, or Venetian Glass?  I was not sure so that is why I posted it here.  After rooting around here for a while I did find this link here:  http://www.rubylane.com/shops/elysianarts/item/RL09BA114 which looks pretty much the same (there for $198), and this one does have a label also.  So who is the maker of this, and what year would it be from -- If it is Murano.

I thought ? it might be -- but I know not to trust myself either, so that is why I need the board.  I think this was $30 that I paid for it as I bought the three items together today (Pulled Green Glass, THIS one, and the Murano post for Mothers day).  

The receipt is still in my wallet (where my $$$$ used to be - Memories...lol)  These were ALL Mothers Day gifts to myself.  But IF Murano, and worth over $100 - and only paid $30 for it....I guess still a good Deal.

So might it be Murano.....??  (I hope  :chky:)

Offline singingyamada

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 03:24:14 AM »
motheres day!!!! I forgot about that.  so todays spend is my mothers day present.  Well thinking.  could it be Czech It is beautiful
Lee

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:34:53 AM »
I found this now since I posted (as stated above) but I see the link is not working there  :huh: -- so here it is again:

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/elysianarts/item/RL09BA114

Hope it works now.

Offline singingyamada

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 03:42:16 AM »
Looks very close to me.  Well done!!!!!!!!!!.  I know what your mean about the form and colours.  its hypnotising

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 05:22:48 AM »
The only thing I know is that handkerchief vases have been produced widely from very different makers after they were first invented (in Murano, I belief?), so I think the ID will have to come from the embellishments rather than the shape. This one looks nice to me, but you'll need a more experienced member to give you more info on where it could have come from.

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 02:41:48 AM »
I've sold these before, but the best I could come up with was vintage generic Murano. Will move this to the Murano board - maybe someone can help more there.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 12:30:16 AM »
Vetri - Italian Glass News Spring 99 website special edition, has an article, THE FAZZOLETTO VASE
ART GLASS OR TOURIST SOUVENIRS? by Howard Lockwood, which shows two of these and gives them as Two vases of unknown origins - probably Aureliano Toso - I don't know how accurate that might be, but thought it worth mentioning, just in case.  (Mind you, the same article has a Chance posy/hankie vase attributed as probably German and enamelled so be cautioned.)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 06:12:07 AM »
Vetri - Italian Glass News Spring 99 website special edition, has an article, THE FAZZOLETTO VASE
ART GLASS OR TOURIST SOUVENIRS? by Howard Lockwood, which shows two of these and gives them as Two vases of unknown origins - probably Aureliano Toso - I don't know how accurate that might be, but thought it worth mentioning, just in case.  (Mind you, the same article has a Chance posy/hankie vase attributed as probably German and enamelled so be cautioned.)

Fleabay - Says Fazzoletto Vase??  (selling from Germany):  Click HERE

???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand