No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Happy Mother's Day to ME - (Gift)  (Read 2012 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Happy Mother's Day to ME - (Gift)
« on: May 05, 2010, 01:40:14 AM »
Hi, I bought this for myself  :-[ today for my own Mothers Day Gift (Why Not, eh?). 

I am hoping that I did not screw myself with this (and that it is not Chinese, or something).  I had spotted this in an antique store here and that is why I had posted the topic http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,33258.0.html but got no replies - as I was wondering if it might be.....or not.  I did not have any pic to post, so that is why I was only asking for a question there to get some feedback. 

Anyways, I bought it................

It is a bit of a Monster (I think) as it is about 12.50 inches tall at the highest pointed end, and about 9 inches high at the lower top end (the opening).   The whole opening at the top is 8 inches across at the longest point, and 6.5 inches wide at the opening.  The base is about 6 inches wide, and there are five (5) legs (or petals) on the base.

Not sure if you call thisHorn of Plenty, Jack in the Pulpit, Pulpit, or a Cornucopia vase....

There are flakes of Gold all through it, and appears to be a pontil mark also with pieces of ash in it.  Tried to take a good pic of it.  I also included ( :spls:) a bit of my *hand* in the photos so that it can help with the size of it.

Any ideas on this?  Who make it?  Age, and Value?

I did pay more than my usual $ 1.00 or so.........but less than $100.  As I said, I treated myself and I thought lots of times I find really inexpensive glass -- so this time, I will pay more.

So Happy Mothers Day to Me !! (I hope....)

** (More pics added after this post, as I wanted to submit as many photos to help here...)
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
Re: Happy Mother's Day to ME - (Gift)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 01:43:14 AM »
*** more pics....

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
Re: Happy Mother's Day to ME - (Gift) - GLASS
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 05:13:14 AM »
Bump --- and still hunting around on this.  I did find some archival pics on the net so far....but still looking.  Here is that link:

http://images.goantiques.com/thumbnails/IPA5463/IPA5463cornucopiavase.jpg

...and Click here - top Left Corner

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 06:28:57 AM »
Just me again --
I am working on this to see if I can find anything close to it Now after I bought it -- and I think I might have to yell     B-I-N-G-O    here (maybe).  This is the closest thing I have found now, but this one seems to be a bit smaller than mine.

WorthPoint-Click here

Does anyone here have a membership for there to see what it was sold for?  Could/would anybody be able to find out?  I am just curious....

Thxs

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »

:-\ *BUMP*

This post has been Me talking with myself here.  I think I found the same one as listed in topic above -- but can anyone give me more details on as I am not a member as WorthPoint so I can not get any facts from there....

Does anyone have any input on this as to the maker, or year that they can find out for me at the Worthpoint site, or just any knowledge on this item at all.

Thanks in advance --- It been fun  :24: talking/arguing with myself over this item....LOL

I just HOPE it is good, or OK piece.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand