No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Riihimäen? Cased and bubbled vase with a narrowed neck, orange ?  (Read 4986 times)

Offline px

• Members
Re: Riihimäen? Cased and bubbled vase with a narrowed neck, orange ?
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 06:09:08 PM »
..... Now I am wondering, if this funny prunty/bubbly texture was produced in many models quite but not exactly the same?  Now this would make three models: the one confirmed 1434, Ivo's and mine ? What do you think?

I re-checked with this helpful person who happens to possess a copy of the 1967 product list. The answer was:
Yes, there are at least 7 different designs in this texture.  Wow, I say!
Looking forward to getting more in this thread!

PS. I remember having read an article about Tamara Aladin where she described her work at Riihimäen Lasi by the time it was very hectic, how foreign customers made their requirements for designs (or changes in designs?) and she drew sketches at night for the next day's meeting.

Offline robert1960

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 01:48:12 PM »
I have this one in green which is Riihimaen pattern number 1429

http://www.designlasi.com/en/content/vase-1429-aladin-tamara-en

you can also see 1434 with the same texture on Designlasi

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 01:31:04 PM »
Thank you Robert for the addition! Now there's 4 of the 7 existing models listed in this thread.
I can confirm now additionally that mine is number 1433 and Ivo's is 1432.

All designed in 1966 and produced in 1967 in 3 sizes. 20/25/30cm

Offline Glas Vasen

• Members
    • Glas Vasen and more
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 06:57:59 PM »
Hello all
Robert send me this Link and I saw this Picture on glaskilian and designalasi website,
And Still  Different to my one.
The Foot is smaller (Cylindrical shape) with a middle shoulder and runs Conical to the Mouth. As well the Texture is a bit different.

• Weight: 0.860 Kg
  • Size: D x H 85 x 200mm

• Maybe you have even more info
    Thanks for your efforts.

http://glas-vasen.ch
    Glass vases gallery Invite you.     P.S.  do not forget to use your scroll wheel

Offline robert1960

• Members
    « Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 08:59:56 PM »
    I'm almost certain it's one of the 7 designs in the series, and you have a particularly crisp example.

Offline px

• Members
    « Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 03:27:18 PM »
    Yes, number 1435 you got there, "Glasvasen", very nice to see those pictures, thank you!  :hiclp:

Yet to find pics of two more designs in this thread, they are totally cylindrical, the other one with a narrower cylindrical part in base, and the other with a wider part at top.

PS. in my eyes the pattern looks similar. However,  I am not sure if the transparent part of the casing was actually supposed to come up like that ? I've only got a small picture where the transparent part is only as wide (=narrow) as in the others. So maybe that makes it looks so "strange". :) I think it looks strange and for that really really interesting and different!
    Btw, I remember having seen a 30cm piece of one of these designs in this dark red/purple colour.
    Speaking of colours, I also have a steel blue version, and a transparent. I wonder if there are more.
    (of course in addition to the olive green ones mentioned above)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
    Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
    link to glass encyclopedia
    Visit the Online Glass Museum
    link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand