No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bright, Bright yellow Bowl  (Read 2994 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Bright, Bright yellow Bowl
« on: May 08, 2010, 05:11:27 AM »
Hi I bought from that lady that had given me the other big bowl free.  This cost only $10.  It is about 4.5 inches across, and about 2.5 inches tall.  If I measure from corner to corner it is about 7 inches across.  Has both Gold/Silver flakes in it.  I love this.

....And a really stupid question here -- Could this have *Uranium* to glow in it?  I have other yellow, and gold colored murano glass here, but this seems to be really a bright, bright yellow.  I went hunting for a UV black light today, but found nothing small.  I do not want a 30 inch Black light tube.  Any idea on age, maker, etc?

Anyway, I am just wondering also IF it could glow some -- and I just LOVE the color of it.

Thanks
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
Re: Bright, Bright yellow Bowl
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 05:16:53 AM »
** Extra pics -- Do you think it might Glow?  Have you seen such a bright color?  I sure have not in my trolling over the net of these type of pieces...

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 09:59:52 AM »
From your photos, it doesn't look like uranium glass to me, but the only real way to tell is with UV light, as you know.  Put 'uv keyring' into the Ebay search engine (link for ebay is on the top of this forum page) and that will bring up lots of lovely small pocket sized lights for you.   :D
I am not a man

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 10:56:03 AM »
Hello Rose,generic Murano I was told when I posted this one,similar shape slightly different colour scheme

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 02:46:54 PM »
Lovely bowl, but it won't contain uranium. I had one a few years back and tested it and it didn't glow.

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 02:45:21 AM »
Have to show mine off now.  :chky: :chky: :chky:

Carolyn

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 08:04:50 AM »
Hi there - popped in for a minute (need some sleep here...)

I have a couple other *yellow* glass bowls and I just wanted to put them here to show you the color yellow on them.  The last photo here will be AGAIN this bright, bright Bowl. again just so that it can be compared to the others I have here.  Sure I understand that there are several shades/hues of any color -- but this one just looks so much brighter ??

From your photos, it doesn't look like uranium glass to me, but the only real way to tell is with UV light, as you know.  Put 'uv keyring' into the Ebay search engine (link for ebay is on the top of this forum page) and that will bring up lots of lovely small pocket sized lights for you.   :D

Thxs Max -- I told my Son that is what he can get me for MOTHER DAY (fromE-bay) then, I WILL be able to check my glass here -- Thank God.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 02:57:17 PM »
Still doesn't look like uranium to me...and Christine's said similar.  Get the UV keyring for Mother's Day and then you'll be know for certain.   :) :) :thup:

I am not a man

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 07:40:15 PM »
It's just limey/lemony glass honest

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 04:21:24 AM »
It's just limey/lemony glass honest

:cry: :cry:

I will get one of those UV lights off of Flea-bay. 

We were looking around on it today for them my Son and I.  While we were looking around on Ebay -- My son said to me that I was a E-bag........on E-bay   :24:

I thought that was funny -- So Happy Mothers Day to all

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand