No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue necked vase with bubbled base - ID = Aseda  (Read 1695 times)

Offline haggishunter

• Members
Blue necked vase with bubbled base - ID = Aseda
« on: May 08, 2010, 02:32:05 PM »
Hi there, i have this little vase that i would love to know a bit about if anyone recognises it. Its 8" tall with a blue neck and a clear bubble filled bottom. Thanks for any help.

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Blue necked vase with bubbled base
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 02:36:26 PM »
Aseda glasbruk,got some myself,'dog bone' vases,
                                                      Keith.

Offline haggishunter

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 02:41:24 PM »
Aseda glasbruk,got some myself,'dog bone' vases,
                                                      Keith.

Thanks again Keith. I got this vase a few years back for £3 at a market, it had a plastic flower in it lol. I liked the big round neck opening so i bought it. Whats the current value if you know? Thanks again.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 03:19:09 PM »
Best place to check for current value is ebay, but i will say aseda does appear to be making better money now than a few months back, the dog bones more often than not didnt even sell for 99p. But as with all things it depends on the size and colour.
michelle

Offline haggishunter

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »
Thanks Michelle, i will have look.

Offline Gill

• Members
Re: Blue necked vase with bubbled base - ID = Aseda
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 11:57:46 PM »
Hi, I'm very keen on these and been collecting them for years, now have 50 in various sizes and colours.   Michelle is right, it does all depend on size and colour, some of the larger ones or those in less common colours such as lemon, orange, white are going up in price, £20 being the highest I've seen, but the general trend does seem to be upwards, albeit slowly.  Yours is quite a large one and although a common colour it would probably do a bit better than 99p but not much more than you paid for it.  I know there are many that do not agree with me, but I think these vases are just great and look particulary good arranged in groups. At the moment it's very affordable to build up  a good display quite quickly. I say, "good choice" and if you like them keep buying!   Cheers, Gill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand