No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bubbles and Knobs  (Read 2786 times)

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
Bubbles and Knobs
« on: November 26, 2005, 08:35:27 AM »
Here is a piece I find interesting and call bubbles and knobs. The color is almost like a wash on the inside, very thin. The bubbles appear to be in layers and all those knobs.

Almost certain not Murano, but beyond that Help. Terry

Offline RAY

• Members
Bubbles and Knobs
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 08:26:41 PM »
here's mine, i think its the same design but my colour is a light jade green and cased in clear glass and just like Terrys the green is very thin with a very highly polished base

click image for larger view

cheers Ray

Offline Laura Friedman

• Members
    • http://planetglass.net
Bubbles and Knobs
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 03:52:02 AM »
They both look like Murano glass to me. Possibly Archimede Seguso, possibly another factory...

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
Bubbles and Knobs
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 04:40:19 AM »
Hi Terry,
I have the same piece as you in Opalescent Blue and another completely Clear glass. I say Murano for sure, but as Laura, I am not sure of the maker.
On Ray's, on the other hand, I would say it is a Seguso piece, as it has the same molten glass dcoration on the outside as the Seguso pieces.
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
Bubbles and Knobs
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 10:24:31 AM »
Thank you. Another piece I can move from unknown to Murano. Let's see that leaves how many??? Maybe I really don't want to know yet. Thanks again, Terry

Offline chuggy

• Members
Bubbles and Knobs
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2005, 04:37:36 PM »
Just playing catch up. I would say Archimede Seguso, particulalry the clear piece, he did a lot of salts in this type of work around 1956/7.
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand