No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Maleras Semi-nude dancer etched vase -- A beauty!  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Maleras Semi-nude dancer etched vase -- A beauty!
« on: May 10, 2010, 05:59:51 PM »
Hello…  ;D

Once again, I very kindly ask for your help… today, I got this beautiful vase with an etched semi-nude dancer – now isn’t she beautiful? I am so taken with her!

The vase is 15,5cm high and is made of thick glass.  The base has got a polished pontil.

There is also a signature – Maleras Fw. A. Sweden (at least I think that’s what is says).

Can anyone tell me the maker/designer and the approximate age of this vase?  Thank you!

Offline cjf

• Members
Re: Maleras Semi-nude dancer etched vase -- A beauty!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:09:06 AM »
"FW" must mean that it was designed by Folke Walwing, who worked as a head designer for Målerås from the 40s and into the 70s. My guess is that this piece is a rather early one, probably late 40s or 50s.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Maleras Semi-nude dancer etched vase -- A beauty!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 02:04:03 PM »
Thank you so much for the information  ;D  Greatly appreciated!

Anik

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand