No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Trio Cobalt Blue Sommerso Corroso Vases Polished Sides & Base-Flavio Poli?  (Read 5069 times)

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
I think this type of crunchy looking glass on top is referred to as "overshot".

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Sorry I can't add anything as I have no idea.  However two things, firstly I think they are pretty fab, they make a great display, very sculptural, and secondly, could we see a picture of the base please?  I just like to put the two things together and it helps if anyone sees something similar in the future (as well as sometimes helping with id'ing in the present).
m

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
I've just looked at the pieces and revised my opinion. I thought the pieces were pitted. However, when I look at the pieces closely, it is the overshot technique. It's not like the overshot with Fratelli Toso where the grains of glass are quite fine and are not smoothed over by reheating the parison. A Fratelli Toso piece feels like sandpaper. The glass pieces on your pieces look a little larger and seem to have been partially melted after being applied to the pieces.  I still think they're Chinese as I've seen facet cutting and overshot combined on quite a few Chinese pieces.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
Definitely, and you could probably have found it on the ZX glass website, had they not just changed the web address again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand