No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID help with large and heavy clear vase - ID = Cristal D'Arques France  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Kez

• Members
Hi, can anyone advise with id on this vase please . It is 12 inches high with cut glass design, but I think it is pressed glass made in three pieces and has a thick concave base. Thanks

Offline Kez

• Members
Re: ID help with large and heavy clear vase
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 05:21:45 PM »
*bump*
          help with this please,
                                       appologies for it being on my hob !

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 06:07:28 PM »
????

Not sure, but maybe Cristal D'Arques France, IMHO, but then this is just a guess..... :huh:   Others will know better than me...  :t:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 08:07:25 PM »
Yes, it's Crystal d'Arques. I posted this one a while ago, and prompted to check Crystal D'Arques, I found one on Ebay with a box and/or a label.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Kez

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 09:01:53 PM »
Thank you

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
Re: ID help with large and heavy clear vase - ID = Cristal D'Arques France
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 07:13:24 PM »
 :huh:

Question: 

Is it spelled Cristal D'Arques  or Crystal D'Arques, or is one just a french spelling?  Does it matter here as for a Tag word when strangers google words trying to find info?

Guess a good thing to remember again -- when googling -- possible different spellings of a word used via the Net when looking for a ID, match, or label.

.....Like is Paperweight one word, or two words ??  :ho:  Might be one word in our eyes, but around the world someone else may use it as two words. 

I guess, always variables in the spelling when searching the World Wide Web.....

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 07:43:59 PM »
Cristal d'Arques is the correct spelling. It's the company name, so there is only one correct spelling.

Paperweight is one word in the Webster's (US) and Oxford (UK) dictionaries, but paper weight is not wrong either.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 07:54:41 PM »
Cristal d'Arques is the correct spelling. It's the company name, so there is only one correct spelling.

Paperweight is one word in the Webster's (US) and Oxford (UK) dictionaries, but paperweight is not wrong either.

Thanks Lustrousstone...

Still it is surprising how words are spelled, or how that one ID that your looking for might be spelled the wrong way.  Saw an ad on the net the other day for Muranai Glass....lol.

Just wanted to ask-- as some people spell some words different via the Net....I  :spls: was not sure either, as I thought it might be just the way it was wrote in French...

Okay Thanks  :kissy:

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 08:06:52 PM »
Sorry, my fault for typing from faulty memory and thanks for correcting it.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand