Author Topic: Bud Vases - Are these Whitefriars ??? ID = Caithness  (Read 494 times)

Offline artyroy

• Members
Bud Vases - Are these Whitefriars ??? ID = Caithness
« on: May 17, 2010, 07:03:47 PM »
 :hiclp:
Hi you kind people at GMB , I am looking to indentify these 2 bud vases , They are of a clear glass , encased in an aubergine and one of blue , stand at approx 7" high ,  and have some weight to them , a flat polished pontil , I believe these maybe Caithness , I look forward to any positive input ...Cheers Roy :thup:

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Re: Are these Whitefriars ???
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 04:26:07 PM »
Flat and polished might indicate Whitefriars, concave, heat finished, would suggest Caithness.

There are a lot of these budvases around. I did offer a couple of what I sinncerely believed were WF ones to the WF mould fund, but they were turned down on the grounds that there were too many around and that attribution could be dodgy. I took it from that there wasn't much interest in them.
Sorry!
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline artyroy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 06:35:09 PM »
Hi Sue
Many thanks for your informed knowledge , much appreiciated
Regards Roy

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 08:10:25 PM »
These are definitely Caithness as I have one with a label.  Besides, the similar Whitefriars ones were not made in cased colours.

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com