No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murrine ?? vase with raspberry prunts and remains of a label.  (Read 3581 times)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Murrine ?? vase with raspberry prunts and remains of a label.
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 08:42:23 PM »
David, I looked through pictures of some of my vases and really feel your vase is FT c. 1910. Prunts were popular at this time, so you probably just have a good example of a vase outside the normal range. Many of my pieces have also had thin rims.

It is difficult to research FT. Even the company doesn't know if they made certain pieces. Sometimes they are helpful, but usually not, in answering questions. Leslie Pina's book is good but limited to a small range of the pieces produced by FT. (It also has a couple of AVeM millefiori pieces thrown in.) I stumble across most of the information I get on FT when I'm looking at auction catalogs or similar things. If you find a good source of information, please let me know. I wish there were catalogs.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline david31162

• Members
Re: Murrine ?? vase with raspberry prunts and remains of a label.
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 09:09:43 PM »
Thank you for looking through your collection. I'm beginning to convince myself too...I've found a FT piece with prunts, a different colour but close. http://www.great-glass.co.uk/library/lib4aa.htm           (example  6559)
Mine has a different shoulder/rim but at least they produced these at this date...Look at the lovely lampshade next to it too even more vivid colours.

Thanks again   David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand