No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Nanny Still and Otto Bauer vases/bottles.  (Read 6502 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Nanny Still and Otto Bauer vases/bottles.
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 07:53:36 PM »
Hi Steph - in fact I made the same mistake the other day, and spent half the night sitting here wondering why I couldn't attach pictures to the cafe - thought I had messed up my computer. ;D, but guess we can't all be pc geniuses like what some of the girls from up north are.   But as Christine says, post some pictures of your finds and we can then all drool.   But on a more serious note, does anyone else think we should be a bit more up front with the charity shops, or are we quite justified in 'keeping mum' about values?   Actually, perhaps that sort of comment really should be in the cafe. ;)

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 06:11:54 AM »
......  I didn't know that Gulv Vase meant 'floor vase', but don't think I will put this anywhere near the floor ;D  The Nanny Still is apparently a 'Koristepullo bottle', and is signed on the base as you can see.  ......

First - congratulations, I cannot believe what finds you people make !  :mrgreen:

About the etymologies - I would hope one of our Swedish members would comment as actually "floor" is "golv" in Swedish according to what I was taught at school.  So I am wondering if this form of writing it "gulv" ... is it oldish or dialect or what?

And "Koriste(-)pullo" then, it would be a Decorative bottle. :) 

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 07:47:06 AM »
Hi Paul a Nanny Still like yours but in a different colour sold on ebay yesterday 150 pounds .  :hiclp:  jp :thup:

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 08:31:33 AM »
Kastrup-Holmegaard is Danish, where gulv = floor.  :)

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 10:57:19 AM »
Kastrup-Holmegaard is Danish, where gulv = floor.  :)
Yep, of course and thanks, I only realized my mistake just when opening this topic again - _before_ I read your comment...  :-[

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 12:47:50 PM »
Hi Paul, interested in moral debate re charity shops - will open topic in cafe tonight I'f I have time. Incidently I'm thinking I have a big red vase like these Gulv vases.  I bought it years ago.  Will have to hunt it out and see if its pedigree is authentic. ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand