No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Seguso Vetri d'Arte Cup Vase...Label...  (Read 1991 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Seguso Vetri d'Arte Cup Vase...Label...
« on: May 22, 2010, 03:48:48 AM »
Gorgeous deep purple/amethyst (i really need to get a colour spectrum chart) Seguso Vetri d'Arte Cup Vase. Has the clear plastic 'Seguso Vetri d'Arte Made In Italy' label. Stands 25cm tall. Added here for reference. Not my usual type of glass purchase, but has become one my favourites.

Offline tam bam

• Members
Re: Seguso Vetri d'Arte Cup Vase...Label...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 06:23:20 PM »
Nice vase/cup Kane!  I love the deep purple.  It is an elegant piece that is for sure.   :thup:

tam bam

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:16:30 PM »
Thanks tam bam  ;D. I didn't even realise it had a label either till it arrived. I don't remember reading that in the item description. At the moment it has pride of place on my cabinet.  ;)

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:46:27 PM »
By all means Kane, it should be placed in the front of your cabinet since it is a SVDA piece.  I love it when glass arrives with a label on it and you didn't expext it to have one.  I had this happen on a signed Venini piece one time.  I nearly passed out I was so excited. :hiclp: 

tam bam   

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 06:10:27 AM »
Every SVdA piece I own has had a go at the front cabinet  :24: This one I think will stay a while. The colour hypnotises me. And it is quite nice big piece as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand