No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: a spectacular pressed box with masses of aventurine - red and black - ID = Nason  (Read 5727 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Is is damaged.  But is an amazingly beautiful piece of glass.
I think it is V Nason.   Or is it Czech - off to do some searching.
I will add some more pictures later as the interior is every bit as beautiful as the exterior and the base as beautiful as the lid.
m

Offline keith

• Members
Very nice,could we see the base and inside please,might help,
                                                                           Keith.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
more pics.  I have found a decanter and glasses on Great Glass that seems to be the same design and is attributed to V Nason.
http://www.great-glass.co.uk/library/lib4ab.htm

Offline keith

• Members
Looks like you've found it ;D,wish I could do that with some of my stuff!

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
 :mrgreen: Fabulous M, I'd definitely bet on it being Nason.  :mrgreen:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thank you  Anne  :)  I'm pretty certain as well.  It is a seriously quality piece of glass.  It weighs a ton and just feels 'good' somehow.  I'm just doing quite a bit of reading on here on the threads re it's age etc, and thinking if I have read correctly that this is 70's rather than the 30's it looks as though it could be.

Keith thanks for looking and yes it's good to find it ;D.  I had a feeling that's what it was when I bought it.   Mind you, I have quite a few pieces that I have no idea about though and get the feeling I am unlikely to ever know ::).
m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
It's stunning, I imagine it would appeal to a very wide market too - way beyond glass collectors.

Be very, very careful with it!

It's got lots of corners and things with corners don't take dings and bumps kindly

The shock-waves from a ding will travel around a round piece, but come slamming to a halt at a corner.

Things with corners are harder to find - they've not survived the ravages of time as successfully as round things. 
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Sue, thanks  :)  it is damaged already though.  The lid only has one tiny fleabite and other than that is fine, but the base has a few fleabites round the edges and  a biggish chip off one of the upper corners of the base where the lid goes over.
Nonetheless you can see none of this when it is together and on display with chip at back  ;D and it is stunning. 
It's sharing glory with my Kralik box, which amazingly is perfect given what you have just pointed out. I am surprised that survived it's years to be honest.
m

Offline keith

• Members
Could we see a pic' of the Kralik,bit of a Kralik nutter,please ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand