No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue-green Czech vase, unknown label? ID = Beranek for Skrdlovice  (Read 3102 times)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
I just got this rather nice Czech vase in green/aqua. The colours remind me of Zemek's harmony range, but it doesn't quite seem to fit that since the blue isn't fused on separately. It wouldn't surprise me if it were Zemek or Klinger for Zelezny Brod, but it doesn't have the usual ZBS label - it has a label that I can't identify with the resources I have, and even if the designer of the vase is unknown, I would still love to see the label identified.

Measurements: 16 cm high, 5 cm wide at the base, about 13 cm at the widest point.

PS - Is it helpful to upload this label to the Czech label gallery at glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk, even if wouldn't be identified? Can I do that myself, or do I give permission to the owner of that collection to upload mine?

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: Blue-green Czech vase, unknown label?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 08:22:27 AM »
Hi Astrid,
absolutely great piece - my guess is that the piece is Skrdlovice 1959 - Emanuel Beranek - 5995.
Let we wait for bOBA's confirmation.

The label is not known to me, but I will check it.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:49:46 AM »
Astrid yes please do upload it to GG... and thanks for asking. :kissy:

GG is the dedicated image hosting for this board (on a separate server to spread the load).

You should be able to upload images yourself to any of the public albums there once you've registered and logged in (separate login to this one.)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Andy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 09:52:38 AM »
Nice vase ! Ive never seen the label either.
 :clap:
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline astrid

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 02:37:06 PM »
Thanks everyone, glad you like the vase, I was quite happy with it as well. It would be nice if we can attach 'used by Skrdlovice in the fifties' to the label with a bit more certainty, so I'll wait a bit before uploading.

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 05:42:42 PM »
I am certain the attribution of Jindra is, as usual, correct. An excellent Emanuel Beranek designed vase for Skrdlovice.

I have seen this label on another 1959 Emanual Beranek designed item with the same label. This combination of two seperate 59 designs having this rare label suggests that (coupled with the English wording of the label) that the label is a short lived import-export label from around 1960 of some kind. It is unlikely these unusual EB pieces were sold that extensively after 1965, they are just not that common or found in later colours used at Skrdlovice. The labels being found on 59 designs (produced in 60 and a few years afterwards) may be helpful in finding the identity of the label maker.

Robert bOBA

Offline astrid

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 08:46:49 PM »
Thanks so much for the ID on this beauty and for the info on the label. I will put it on the czech label gallery with the information given.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand