Author Topic: Borske Sklo cased red vase with cut and enamelled designs... good price?  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Krakow, Poland
Hello...

I know and understand that members of the board do not provide estimates, but I've got a question...  (please no one yell at me  :-\)

In Mark Hill's "Hi Sklo Lo Sklo" on page 22 there is a Borske Sklo cased red bottle vase with cut and enamelled designs. I've seen a similar vase, only a few cm shorter and more 'vase-y' than 'bottle-y' for about 50 euro (in lovely condition).  Is that a good price?

Thank you and I'm sorry if my question seems out of place  :spls:
My Etsy shop with Czech glass: CzechGlassCollector

Offline keith

• Members
If I remember right a certain person valued one similar on a tv prog not long ago and I'm sure he said £2000! maybe some one else has a better memory than me,
    Keith.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Krakow, Poland
WHAT????  :o  :o  :o

Offline keith

• Members
Before you rush out and buy it wait and see if I got it right,my record for mistakes is becoming legendary ;D :24:

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Krakow, Poland
OK...  I really appreciate your reply  :)

Offline bOBA

• Members
I think it was this range that Mark Hill showed a piece of in his recent series Cracking Antiques and said was very valuable, I forget the exact amount mentioned but more like above 500 euro than 50. I have not seen these items for sale so I do not know personally. Keith may be correct..... shock horror...

Robert bOBA

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Krakow, Poland
Thank you Robert and Keith  ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
does seem a lot of 'bread' for something from an unknown designer - haute couture as they say.     I would say it's worth €50 or thereabouts even if it's not the same thing.   If a glass worker has to make, case, cut and then decorate a piece like that it has to be worth having for £40 - £45, and if you don't want it send it to me. ;D

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Krakow, Poland
I just wanted to say that the vase is now mine and that I should get it next week  ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
well done Anik  -  do hope it is the real thing. :hiclp: :hiclp:

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand