No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Latest Favourite Buys - Pikku Matti Decanter Set and Grandfather  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Greg.

• Members
A couple of pieces I recently acquired after a long long search, both purchased this month strangely enough.

Enjoy! - Greg

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Re: Latest Favourite Buys - Pikku Matti Decanter Set and Grandfather
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 04:07:18 AM »
The blue set is fabulous......

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 06:01:26 AM »
Nice! :)

As this gave me the opportunity once again to learn more I add what I found:
Helena Tynell for Riihimäen Lasi Oy.
The series called "Matin matka" (Matti's journey) seems to include also pieces called "Ahkeraliisa" (BusyLizzy), "Isoäiti" (Grandmother) and "Maaherra" (Governor)

Edit/additional thought: Correct me if I'm wrong - I have a feeling this series might be inspired by an old children's story written by Zacharias (Sakari) Topelius.

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 10:35:02 AM »
Hi PX,

Thats right this series was inspired by Zacharias Topelius' childrens story of Pikku Matti.

As you mention there are 4 in the series, Pikku Matti, Grandmother, Governor and the Grandfather. The sets with 6 glasses are particularly difficult to find, which I can personally vouch for.

Greg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand