No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Another Glass Lightshade ID...  (Read 3023 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Another Glass Lightshade ID...
« on: November 29, 2005, 12:19:39 PM »
I saw a cased glass lightshade in a shop the yesterday labelled as Alsterfors... the shape looked Scandinavian enough, and it was in a shade of grey that I've seen signed Po Strom vases in...

...so I just wondered if it was vaguely likely to be a correct attribution?

I've seen the same shade in different colours attributed to Holmegaard on eBay recently, but its ground rim doesn't feel right to me (and let's face it, what cased glass isn't called Holmegaard on eBay?  :twisted: )

No photograph, sorry.  :(  But this is a recent eBay one: Here

Sklounion

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 12:50:34 PM »
The example you give merely suggests reminiscent of Bang for Holmegaard.... the irony being that Fog and Morup was an interesting and innovative lighting company in its own right. Given a potentially mis-leading attribution, or a Fog and Morup identified, I'd happily take the F&M.....
regards,
Marcus

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 01:07:37 PM »
Quote from: "Le Casson"
The example you give merely suggests reminiscent of Bang for Holmegaard....

Sorry, here's a better example of mis-attribution:

Here

I'm only really familiar with F&M's metal lighting (my place is full of it, along with Louis Poulsen), so I'm not sure what their glass lighting was like.

I've only got one M. Bang pendant - a Kantate - which has a bottom rim that's folded in and a top rim that's polished rather than just ground.

Unless they meant J.E. Bang or A. Bang?

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 09:14:27 AM »
After a bit of rooting about (and Googling), it seems that most M. Bang pendants have the inwardly folded bottom rim. They're quite a nice design feature, because even a klutz like me would struggle to chip it when installing it...  :lol:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand