No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bowl with star base, Federal?  (Read 4023 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Bowl with star base, Federal?
« on: June 03, 2010, 05:53:40 AM »
Hi, I just got this piece today for $4.  I do believe that it will glow when (and IF ever I get a black UV light).  I am pretty sure  8) it will.  I think this is Federal glass, and has some years on it.

I am hoping I am right -- I hope.

I might add, this is MY first piece that I assume (or almost sure) will glow.  Since I do not have a light, I can not check any of my *other pieces* of glass to see if they glows, or even has a small buzz of brightness to it.

I can now say that I AM  :mrgreen: too.  

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Do I GLOW??
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 06:17:00 AM »
Rose, why on earth don't you get yourself one of those little keychain ones, at least for now?  They aren't expensive...  Around Mother's Day, you were talking about getting a UV light...  I thought it was a brilliant idea, so I got myself one!   I've been shining it on anything and everything.  Unfortunately, nothing has glowed yet  :spls:)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 06:38:34 AM »
It may or may not glow but you have got yourself a piece from the Federal Glass Company (F in a shield and operating 1900 to 1980). Federal did make uranium glass (I've had some) but I can't tell from the photo if this piece is.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 07:13:12 AM »
I hope it does....so don't know if this is an early piece.  The lady said it was her grandmothers, and thought it was from around the 1930's......BUT that does not mean anything....lol  :spls:  It could have been bought yesterday at K-Mart...

Do you know the pattern name at all?

Rose, why on earth don't you get yourself one of those little keychain ones, at least for now?  They aren't expensive...  Around Mother's Day, you were talking about getting a UV light...  I thought it was a brilliant idea, so I got myself one!   I've been shining it on anything and everything.  Unfortunately, nothing has glowed yet  :spls:)

My kid is suppose to be getting me one off Ebay -- I could not find anything here as I went to store to store.   Oh sure, they had black UV lights, but I do not want one 24 inches long.....

I would like just a small hand one, PLUS one that maybe is like 8-12 inches long.  I did find one at a stationary place for checking for counterfeit money......but they want like $42 bucks for it -- and Ebay is cheaper.............

SO BLAME MY KID.....he can buy headlights off there, but makes OLD Mom wait......KIDS :grumble: :grumble:

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 07:23:46 AM »
By the way, Rose, you seem like such a lovely person...  I'm sure YOU are always GLOWING  :kissy:

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 07:35:05 AM »
By the way, Rose, you seem like such a lovely person...  I'm sure YOU are always GLOWING  :kissy:
Thxs....  ;D but I hope some of my glass does Glow -- can't wait to see

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 09:43:35 AM »
Rose  -  please send me an off board email soon as possible, I think the torch fairy has come early this year, and they have some good news for you ;)   Paul S.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 10:09:18 AM »
Rose  -  please send me an off board email soon as possible, I think the torch fairy has come early this year, and they have some good news for you ;)   Paul S.
Oh, oh - am I in trouble?  :cry:

Will do...

Offline eglass

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 10:17:36 PM »
Hi there!  Federal Glass closed for good in 1979, so they're not from K-Mart, yesterday. :)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 07:38:31 PM »
It may or may not glow but you have got yourself a piece from the Federal Glass Company (F in a shield and operating 1900 to 1980). Federal did make uranium glass (I've had some) but I can't tell from the photo if this piece is.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yes, I do GLOW.... ;D

:chky:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand