No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ruby Vase With Anchor Backstamp...  (Read 7816 times)

Offline butchiedog

• Members
Ruby Vase With Anchor Backstamp...
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 07:15:02 PM »
Nic,

I just wanted to clarify that my post wasn't meant in that way is all. Text on a message board can have many different meanings, depending on who comes along and reads it and what attitude they bring with them.

vidfletch,

Yes;  there are many books which cover Anchor Hocking, but there are no books that cover those two glass companies separately,  before they merged into one glass company. One rarely sees a reference to "Hocking Glass", made before their merger with the Anchor Cap & Closure Company, nor is there ever much mention of "Anchor Cap & Closure Company Glass", before the merger with Hocking. In the books etc., it all just gets lumped together as being Anchor Hocking.

Mike[/b]

vidfletch

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 01:34:10 AM »
Maybe it took the merger for the company to be interesting to write about!

I only mentioned the books for reference sake.

Vidfletch

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005, 08:17:07 AM »
Quote from: "vidfletch"
... several books on Anchor Hocking glass. It would seem the whole story is available!
Vidfletch :D

I find Gene Florence "Collectible Glassware from the 40's, 50's , 60's"  from Collector books quite useful despite the strange title.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand