No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please help ID this glass artist who made this huge sculpture  (Read 1275 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Please help ID this glass artist who made this huge sculpture
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 12:46:49 PM »
I wont say i told you so then :cry: ;D ;) :'( i i will just go and eat worms. :pb: I was so sad to hear about the tragedy on your patch Anne , still cant take it in . jp :kissy: :kissy: :kissy:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »
Awwww JP, don't sulk!  :kissy:   And thank you for your kind words re last weeks' events.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 02:13:47 PM »
Thank you JP for the ID and it is exciting Anne.

The bad news is that the piece was in mint condition until it had an accident last year in which he sustained a broken neck and head injury.

The story for this piece is that it belongs to a couple who live  next too are workshops at the golf club. Last year he told me that he had a piece of Murano glass that had had an accident and needed to be glued back together, I just thought it was going to be a normal piece of Murano, when he asked me yesterday to have a looked I thought this is no normal piece of Murano, this is a serious piece of glass by a serious person, they had not noticed it was signed.

Last year the lady decided to move the sculpture onto a small round table by the front door by the boots and shoes, weighing about 30kg the table was not strong enough and they woke in the middle of the night to find it had broke the table and fallen 2 feet onto a slate floor and now in 2 pieces, I think it can be repaired and put back together by an expert, when made the head and body were fitted together with a glass rod with a steel collar and glued. If you look at the 2nd picture of the head you can see he has quite a nasty head injury but no missing glass, and a small chip too the side of his nose, so considering his fall I think it could have been a lot worse.

The lady has owned him for 15 to 20 years, she worked for Pearl and Dean advertising and use to organise galleries and displays for artists in 5 star hotels in London, besides this sculpture there were 2 or 3 others at least one being similar, I do not know for what reasons they became the property of Pearl and Dean and were at some point given to various members of the staff. Although they would have known they were top quality items I am sure they were not aware of the value

Roy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 04:56:27 PM »
That is a fabulous piece of glass..... The damage makes me want to cry......
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand