No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Two glasses covered with prunts. vases or drinking glasses. ID please  (Read 1659 times)

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
I bought these two glasses very cheaply this weekend... I have nothing like them to date so they are interesting from point of view of colour, style and workman ship.  They are very light, fragile in fact, not at all like the glass I usually buy. Obviously handmade because of the variations between them.  They are both signed with what looks like B---? Could be Boda or Biot or ???????

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Biot possibly...? Boda sigs tend to have more than just the name I think, Steph.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Short answer: BON. Replica glass made in Murano - nice pair!

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass

Ivo, thanks once again!  I've found your listing of Vetreria Artigiana Aldo Bon in the Fact file - which tells me the factory is still producing items.

I'm interested in knowing if these are replicas are of old venetian style glass or some other?  I'm off to do some research but if you can help I would be grateful. cheers steph

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
I haven't got the foggiest.

Moderator, please move to Murano - perhaps someone will know more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand