No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Czech? - ID = Skrdlovice pattern 5563  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Andy

• Members
Re: Please CHECK? ( Is this Czech??? )
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 07:24:49 PM »
Wow, Jindrich , great story!
 ;D
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 07:34:07 PM »
Yes, really wonderful story!!!  (The stories behind the glass are just as exciting as the glass itself...  Fabulous!)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 08:18:03 PM »
Thank you all for giving this piece of wonderful Glass - its well deserved date, maker, and history back. 

I will now *attach* a label to it stating that info on it, and put it in my Glass Cabinet.  I do this with all my pieces, so that (hopefully) that history can now stay with the item while I am alive (and after).  I have warned my Kid that these are not *just* pieces of glass. (after I am long gone) -- These are pieces of ART.  When I find out info from all you Super People on the Board, I do attach that info to the pieces of glass.

It is my love of collecting glass (among other things) but also (in a sense) as saving (preserving) the history of it.  Its due Provence of its history.....

....and if my $5 purchase increases in value because it has a name, and history -- Well, that just an *extra* Godsend...

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand