No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue Iridescent Fenton Glass Vase w/ Textured Motif  (Read 3321 times)

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
Blue Iridescent Fenton Glass Vase w/ Textured Motif
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:46:45 PM »
Hello all.  I hope you can help.  Fenton glass is an area that I am really unfamiliar with.  Mostly because the styles of the glass don't suit my tastes.  I rarely ever find a piece that I'm attracted to.  However, I found a rather pretty piece that I'd like to know more about.  Can anyone give a circa date and perhaps a mold number or name of the piece.  There is both a sandblasted logo on the base, as well as the logo within the glass.  There is no number or anything inside the sandblasted mark.  I'm gathering from a little research that this is likely from the 1970's?  It sits 5.5" inches tall.  Thanks for your help.

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
Re: Blue Iridescent Fenton Glass Vase w/ Textured Motif
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »
I can't really tell for sure, but this is the closest I could come to finding a similar vase.  Maybe this will help someone else to identify it.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/fenton-5-iridized-sea-mist-green-crackle-vase

Offline jsmeasell

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 04:47:16 PM »
We called this Twilight Blue Crackle, and it was first offered in our 1992 catalogs. The vase shown is our 7644 T6 vase. We also made Sea Mist Crackle and Pink Crackle. In addition to the crackle treatment (accomplished by plunging the gob into water before reheating it and blowing to shape and finishing), this piece and other crackle items were iridized with a spray of metallic salts while the glass was hot.
James Measell, Historian
Fenton Art Glass Co.

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »
Hello and thanks so much for the information.  You seem very knowledgeable.  Did you work for Fenton?  Any idea of the vase's rarity or how long it was in production?

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 08:44:42 PM »
Forgive me for a chuckle, James Measell is the Fenton Art Glass Co. Historian AKA the Godfather of Fenton. He is Fenton to a great many people. Ken

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 08:51:31 PM »
 :-[ I didn't notice his title under his name.  Insert foot in mouth....or something like that  :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand