No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help with ID of pink bowl please... ID = C Stölzle, Hermannshutte  (Read 2328 times)

Offline goythinglfpunkgal

• Members
I have a bowl in same pattern that I would dearly love to ID.
Mine is a peach/bronze colour (will try and get photo up of actual piece).
All help much appreciated.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Help with ID of this please...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 09:40:21 AM »
Hi and welcome to the board.

A few things to say here...

If this isn't your own image, do you have permission from the owner to use it? If not it'll need to be removed from the board for copyright reasons.

As it's an ID request it should be in GLASS not MARKET PLACE (this is a place to offer items you own for sale.) I'll move it over for you.

It's more effective if you make a more descriptive subject - many members just don't read those with those such as ID wanted, etc...  describe what you have briefly and you stand a better chance of it being seen by folks who know, especially when the board is busy. It also helps with the board's search function as the subject line is part of the search criteria. I've added two words to your subject line to make it more effective.

Finally, the vase is Czechoslovakian - made by the Heřmanova Huť glassworks (formerly known as Stölzle) and is shown in the pre-1958 catalogue on the CD accompanying Marcus Newhall's book, Sklo Union Art Before Industry: 20th Century Czech Pressed Glass, and the pattern number for the vase is 19404. This vase came in several heights: 5.5", 8", 10" and 12". There is a whole range of pieces in this design so post a pic of your bowl with dimensions and we can tell you more.

Hope this helps. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

• Members
Czech pink glass bowl
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:49:37 AM »
Many thanks Anne, I thought I'd lost it... couldn't find where it had posted to!
Sorry for the incorrect posting, very new to this kind of thing. Can you advise how I might go about changing the pic? I have some of my piece that I would like to put up instead.

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Help with ID of amber vase this please...
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 11:00:17 AM »
Much better, thanks. I've removed the vase pic for you (has to be a Moderator task, not something you can do yourself normally).

You've not given us the dimensions of yours, but it looks as if it may be the same as mine in blue, mentioned in this earlier topic: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,13143.0.html which Marcus identified as "C Stölzle, Hermannshutte, pattern number 19415, 1930s" (note Hermannshutte is the same as Heřmanova Huť, just in a different language!) Pop the sizes on and I'll confirm with the catalogue for you. :thup:

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 11:43:14 AM »
Dimensions are 280mm length, 230mm width, 57mm height.
Many thanks again for your assistance  :thup:

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 12:05:57 PM »
Brilliant, thanks. Yours is the lower profile bowl, pattern 19416, shown in 2 sizes in the pre-1958 catalogue: 16cm across and 28cm across. Yours is the larger of the two. :)

Just another tip: when you post pics, you'll need to make them bigger so we can see the detail... this one is OK as it's a familiar pattern, but usually we need pics that are around 600-800 pixels (or 6-8inches / 15-20cm depending how your image software shows sizes) on the longest side. Save for web and that will usually give you a filesize that will fir below the 125kb limit on the board. The board will create the small clickable thumbnails so you don't need to do that. Then the thumbnail will open full size like this one:

• Members
Re: Help with ID of pink bowl please...
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 06:42:48 PM »
Thank you so much, I love your blue bowl!
Thank you for your advise re: posting photos.
Do you have any idea what this would be worth?

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Help with ID of pink bowl please...
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 06:56:39 PM »
They don't really bring very much at all, I picked mine up on eBay for about £5 I think, so not a high value item at all despite being such a nice pattern and shape.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand