No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaard Per Lutken Smoke Grey Vase / Bowl?  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Fisher Brookfield

• Members
Holmegaard Per Lutken Smoke Grey Vase / Bowl?
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:37:54 PM »
Hi all, I have this Holmegaard signed Per Lutken piece it is tapered and has a height of 6" to one side and a height of 6.75" to the other side, the diameter is 9.25". The piece is signed to the base that has a polished pontil and I'm not sure what the pattern number reads I think it's 16349 or 16348?. I would like to know if anyone knows the age of this piece and also if it has a name. Many thanks.

Fisher. 

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Holmegaard Per Lutken Smoke Grey Vase / Bowl?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:57:39 PM »
'Thule' series vase, designed 1957. The style of the signature dates its manufacture to some point after about 1963.

Offline Fisher Brookfield

• Members
Re: Holmegaard Per Lutken Smoke Grey Vase / Bowl?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 08:48:28 AM »
Hi Pinkspoons, thank you for your reply I have noticed that some people have listed pieces a little smaller than this as bowls, when I picked this up I said to my partner than this was a vase and she says that it's a bowl in any event it beautiful. Thanks again for your speedy reply.

Fisher.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand