No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano ? 1970's ? Would a mould have been used ? ID = Chřibská  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
I think this is Murano and probably from the 1970's (but as usual I'm not exactly sure). Would this have been made in a mould/mold ? 32 cm in height with a clear, flat, highly polished base. Any ideas on a maker would be a bonus. Thanks for looking. Cheers Mike. First photo with flash , second in natural light.  
Mike

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
It's Czech and made by Chribska I think, in those colours it may be fairly modern. Hot worked, blown and hand formed I would guess.

John

Here we are: http://picasaweb.google.cz/Jindra8526/Chribska?authkey=Gv1sRgCNrIx8vT6YOfgwE#5443649876926577490

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
My goodness me ! How wrong can I be ! Thank you so much John ! Chribska it is ! And  I thought I was developing an eye  :o for it ! Cheers Mike....p.s. where is that drawing board ?
Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand