No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: is it Stennett Willson?  (Read 2290 times)

Offline jakgene

• Members
  • Mrs Doasyouwouldbedoneby
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
is it Stennett Willson?
« on: June 24, 2010, 02:40:47 AM »
When I bought this it was described as Kings Lynn, Ronald Stennett-Willson designed knop stemmed footed bowl. Now a while later and having bought a number of other RSW items I am wondering if it is - not so much because of the design , but the colour? Whilst the design is very reminiscent of the Sheringham and Brancaster candlestick ranges, the colour seems very unusual for him. I would say almost certainly not a Wedgwood colour - but I don't know enough about the King's Lynn ranges - I only have one other piece of Kings Lynn and that is clear glass - so no help to me .  Does anyone know whether this could be from a Kings Lynn range ? or if not where it may be from?

it is 9 cm  (just over3.5 inch ) high, bowl is 10.5 cm (just over 4  inches) wide, foot is 8.5 cm (just under 3.5 inches) across. (The Kingfisher colour is almost exactly the same as that of a Whitefriars jug I have - not suggesting it is Whitefriars - just to clarify the colour  ;D)

Thanks, JAK , West Oz.   :)
jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass
British Glass, Scandinavian Glass, Murano Glass,
Paperweights. (and anything gorgeous!)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum