No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: id reqeust for large controlled bubble ashtray  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
id reqeust for large controlled bubble ashtray
« on: June 27, 2010, 02:42:28 PM »
the colour and bubbles reminded me of wfrs. type, although I am unable to find anything under the search heading.   Not remotely like the smaller ashtrays that are definitely attributable to that source, and this is really quite a large beast at something like 8.5 inches in diameter.   Quality manufacture, and the centre is quite remarkable for the way that the underside is in fact hollow up into the central 'bulb' (which has a 'flat' on the top).    Plenty of wear on the underside, and apart from that, the piece is in very good condition.   Looks as though it may be 30 - 50 years of age.
Help needed please, and thanks for looking.   Sorry, not an easy piece to photograph showing all of the design etc.  Paul S. 

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: id reqeust for large controlled bubble ashtray
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »
That's the one.  I bought one off ebay last year and it arrived smashed into a thousand pieces!!!

Wanna make an old lady happy Paul? :-[

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 05:17:05 PM »
very many thanks to both of you :)  -  and I did suspect it may well have been although not in Leslie Jackson.   I feel for you Emmi - must have really piffed you off to receive all those little pieces - and I suspect a contributing reason being the weight - for their size they are truly heavy.   I nearly waivered, but my resolve has held, and can only say that if I find another it will be yours - and old you certainly are not.    Actually, I usually make happy people old ;D  thanks again.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 05:18:58 PM »
sorry - meant to request the mods. to move this one now please to British Glass.   Many thanks     Paul S.

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 05:49:14 PM »
The reason it arrived in a thousand pieces is that it was wrapped in a single sheet of newspaper in a very large box.  Hence the "rattle factor".

How about happy and old! I can do both! 

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 06:26:51 PM »
glad you can Emmi  -  cos this'll take the smile off your face and will certainly make you feel older
...it only cost me two quid...he wanted three, but I beat him down >:D ;D

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 06:53:05 PM »
You are both heartless and cruel.  And very mean to the seller too!!! LOL!
Well they are not worth a fortune you'll be sad to know, my ebay one cost me £22 + p and p..........I got a full refund, but I would rather have had the item! :cry:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand