No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Percival Vickers catalogues (& more) to be digitised  (Read 3165 times)

Offline neilh

• Members
Percival Vickers catalogues (& more) to be digitised
« on: June 29, 2010, 08:21:33 PM »
Hi folks,

I have been talking to the Winterthur library in the USA. Thought you might be interested to hear that they are in the process of digitising all their trade catalogues. It will take them a year or two to complete the project, after which they will be placed on the vaguely named Internet Archive site at http://www.archive.org/details/texts

They have 56 glass catalogues. Of most interest to me are the 1881 Percival Vickers Cut & Pressed glass catalogues. They also claim to have Apsley Pellat 1847. Virtually all the rest are USA catalogues from the 19th and 20th century - Fostoria, Steuben etc.

Well worth keeping an eye on!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Percival Vickers catalogues (& more) to be digitised
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 10:30:12 PM »
Great news Neil, thanks for posting this. It's worth mentioning that there are quite a lot of old titles about Glass already on the Internet Archive site, most of which can be downloaded as PDF files, viewed in the browser as DjVu or HTML, or downloaded as Daisy, Kindle etc... files.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand