No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Czech clear glass vase with pink edge - ID = Chribska  (Read 2091 times)

Offline mh9876

• Members
Czech clear glass vase with pink edge - ID = Chribska
« on: July 01, 2010, 09:05:47 PM »
Can anyone help me identify the origin and maker of these vases?  I believe they may be Czech?  The large one measures about 33cm tall and weighs 2.4kg.  The base is flat and polished.  The smaller one is 22cm tall and about 1.6kg.  

Thanks.  Matthew

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Czech clear glass vase with pink edge
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 12:36:17 AM »
I've seen the top treatment on few pieces but not the base, which doesn't immediately remind of any Czech I've seen (perhaps a little like Borske Sklo).

You might want to try looking through Jindrich's catalogues at http://www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo/18-KATALOGY-CATALOGUES.

David  
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline mh9876

• Members
Re: Czech clear glass vase with pink edge
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:20:34 AM »
David
Many thanks for taking the trouble to look at this and providing the web link.  Really fascinating catalogues and a very useful resource.

Anyway, thankfully I've found the vase in the Chribska 1999 catalogue ref 327/1/33.

Thanks once again.
Matthew

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand