No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Aseda?  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Is this Aseda?
« on: December 03, 2005, 07:48:02 PM »
I've had this for quite a while, and have never been sure who the manufacturer was.  I bought it from...erm...Australia I think.  It's so long ago, I can't remember.

I was just looking around the net and found one the same by accident (different colourway though) on 20th Century Glass:

http://www.20thcenturyglass.com/glass_encyclopedia_home.htm

Here's mine:
http://tinypic.com/i4ojk2.jpg  Sorry bad pic, it's an olivey green with a deeeeep amber solid base, about 8" high.

Is it Aseda?  I've never seen one the same, so I'd like to confirm if possible?  Thank you.   :)

Mod: The images from this thread have vanished. If you started this thread and you still have the pictures, please let the moderators know so that we can restore them. To add pictures to your posts permanently, the GMB recommends either using the 'attach' facility when posting, or using The Glass Gallery. See the GMB guide to adding pictures to your posts for more.
I am not a man

Offline Pat

• Members
Is this Aseda?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 08:13:55 PM »
Hi Max. I'm a big fan of Bo Borgstrom and it certainly looks like it to me. Especially the olive and and browny gold colourway. This is typical. I collect the blue and green ones.
No retreat, No surrender.

Offline David555

• Members
Is this Aseda?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 09:56:22 PM »
Hi

The link you give is for a classic Bo Borgstrom Aseda vase and your own vase scans shape wise.

It also scans colour wise.

Formgiva is who to ask about this I feel

I hope I am not breaking any rules by saying he has an excellent selling reputation with Aseda (indeed all) glass on eBay and has sold an array of Aseda shapes and colours with original labels, if you look on his eBay shop at the moment you will see your colours if not your exact shape (have a look at some of his past sales though) - put the two together and its good I think - but Formgiva what do you think, hope your OK with link :) ?

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/FORMGiVA_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm

Vidfletch is good as well (LOL your excellent .. I know :D ) have a look at his database as well

Adam P

BTW where do you get such amazing glass? :mrgreen:
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
Is this Aseda?
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 10:52:43 PM »
Yep Max
No doubts ...I've seen it on Ebay or online with a label ...and a high price !
In fact I thought one was posted to this forum not so long ago ????
Pete

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Is this Aseda?
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 08:58:16 AM »
Pat, Adam & Peter

Thanks for all your posts.  I had no idea this was Aseda, to be honest, it was an impulse purchase that I've regretted since then!  Maybe it wasn't such a bad buy after all.   :D

Thanks for linking to Formgivas site, I can't find mine on there, mabye she'll pop by at some point, and confirm the designer, that'd be good.

I have no idea of the value of this Peter, I think I paid about £20 at the time, which is a lot if it had been a mistake!   :shock:  :D

Adam, I get all my glass from either charity shops or Ebay, it's harder to find good stuff now though, isn't it?
I am not a man

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand