No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Opal spaghetti bowl  (Read 6934 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Opal spaghetti bowl
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2013, 01:33:26 PM »
You're welcome  :)
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2013, 07:37:17 PM »
I'm curious about this identification as the linked one on CW being from the 'Floret' range at Harrach. 

The one I've found in the Passau book band IV Das Bohmische Glas is opalescent with a slight yellowy tinge as far as I can see and has a flower pattern on it and a crimped rim - it looks like a Walsh Walsh opalescent vase.  There is quite a difference in the design of them, although they are both opalescent glass with a pattern on.

I wonder was all the opalescent range called Floret? It's just that 'Floret' seems to imply 'floral' and the 'maze' design vases don't look very floral. I don't have the Harrach book only the Passau with the floral vase in it.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Mike M

• Members
    • http://www.manddmoir.com
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2013, 01:30:04 PM »
Looking at the Harrach book -sadly only the Czech version-  there is a reproduction of a page probably an original design page with 12 different such opal patterns and the page is called 'floret' so it looks to be a range.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2013, 10:16:24 PM »
Thank you for looking and confirming it Mike :) 
I'm trying hard not to buy books that aren't in English at the moment.  I have many in German and my German is just not good enough (understatement lol) to get all the understanding without having to use translate ... which then gives me very odd translations and so I never know whether I'm getting the right explanation or not.  I definitely couldn't manage one in Czech.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand