No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Who is the maker of this Hambone Vase? - ID = Whitefriars 9571 cut down  (Read 2261 times)

Offline zidori

• Members
I bought this recently at a Boot Sale. It is similar to the Whitefriars Hambone Vase but is also obviously not by them. It has a flat, polished base with signs of wear (sorry for lack of base picture) and is  a smokey grey in colour (not quite as light as picture is showing. Any help with ID would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Ronnie

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: Who is the maker of this Hambone Vase?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 11:14:05 AM »
What is the height of this vase? And width across widest part of the body. It is quite possible it is Whitefriars.

Offline zidori

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 11:16:25 AM »
The vase is 5.75 inches high.
Ronnie

Offline zidori

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 11:22:09 AM »
this is a pic of the Whitefriars Hambone I had. The "insert" piece looks different in each vase. that is why I thought the smokey grey one wasn't Whitefriars.
Ronnie

Offline zidori

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 11:23:29 AM »
Sorry - keep missing your post - lol. The width is 3 inches.
Thanks
Ronnie

Offline robert1960

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 11:24:20 AM »
Looks right to me.

colour = Twilight   :)

Offline zidori

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 11:28:26 AM »
Thanks Robert 1960. What threw me was that I couldn't find a picture of one in their catalogues which shows the V shape of insert rather than the more usual wider and deeper shape.
Ronnie

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 11:40:53 AM »
It is Twilight, but the dimension don't match up with catalogues.  It looks more like a 9571 , which is 8 inches tall, but it has been known for these to have been cut down ( due damage or whatever.  Your ruby one above is a 9572 and is similar in dimensions to your Twilight one, but I would reckon it is a tad wider.

Here's a photo of the 9571 in Ocean Green and  Arctic Blue( uncased) which you will note has similar internal as yours.  They were also made in Twilight.

Offline zidori

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 11:54:27 AM »
Thanks Emmi. It would certainly appear to be a cut down 9571. Whoever did it must be really good because the top rim doesn't look or feel as if it has been cut back.
Kind regards
Ronnie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand