No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Clear Czech pressed glass vase - id = Laděna Víznerová  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Clear Czech pressed glass vase - id = Laděna Víznerová
« on: July 05, 2010, 02:16:59 PM »
Hello  :)

Today I got this very lovely clear pressed glass vase which I believe is Czech.  Although I've searched through the catalogues on Jindrich's website (http://www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo), I haven't been able to find it.

It is 15cm tall , heavy and made of thick glass.  The first picture is of a front view, the second picture is a top view and the third picture is a view of the base.  I would like to know the glassworks, and if possible, the designer.

Thank you!

P.S.  And just to show off a little, I also got (from the same seller) three more Czech pressed glass vases visible in the fourth picture...  I've identified them as a Peceny Dragon's Head vase 20235/16 for Hermanova 1972, a BEAUTIFUL Jurnikl Hobnail vase 13227/18 for Rudolfova, and a Peceny 20265/23 vase for Hermanova 1974.  ;D   The two Penceny vases have a yellowish tinge to them, but they are still lovely.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Clear Czech pressed glass vase -- does anyone recognize it?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 06:45:47 PM »
hi Anik  -  I'm jealous, you have some more nice pieces :mrgreen:   Unfortunately, don't think I can help with the mystery vase  -  I've been through Mark Hill and Marcus Newall's books (just the actual pages) and no joy.   When I get the time I will go through the CD.   Best Wishes          Paul S.

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 06:31:41 AM »
Hi Anik, this piece has been designed by Mrs.Laděna Víznerová (ex-wife)of Mr.Frantisek Vízner. Three guys worked in begining of 60ties in Teplice - Design centre of OBAS - Jurnikl as leader, Urban and Vízner.
Two girls had helped them with drawings,one from them Frantisek married later.

She designed several pieces (very Vizner style  ;D ) and later she focused to jewelly. I will visit Ladena as soon as it will be possible to get more infos.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskolovenskesklo

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 06:49:36 AM »
Thank you so, so, so much, Jindrich!   ;D   
I am so very happy and pleased to hear that...  and now the vase is even prettier than I thought  ;)

Anik

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 07:43:47 AM »
Wow, what a story once again thanks to Jindrich!  HiClap So exciting and eagerly waiting for more.
Anik, what a find! I love the clear one's, I have the same Peceny as you and then 4 other myself. (so far  Roll Eyes )
edit: oh I have to add that one of them is the so called "pineapple" vase Jindrich just recently found a designer for.  Clapping

Hi PX...

Czech glass is beautiful, isn't it?  

By the way, I got the 4 vases from a wonderful Czech seller...  can you believe he told me that there isn't a strong market in the Czech republic for Czech pressed glass?  For the 4 vases, including priority postage, I paid 40 Euros.  Pretty impressive, huh?  (Unfortunately, ridiculously high bank fees for a transfer of money set me back an additional 20 Euros   >:().

But I'm extremely pleased...   ;D

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 07:12:27 PM »
Today was a really great day...  not only did I find out who designed my lovely vase, but I also know how to make my Glass Database work!

My sincerest thank you to Jindrich and to Astrid.  :kissy:

Offline dirk.

• Members
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 08:11:06 PM »
Thank you, Dirk!  I did not realize the same vase had been on the board before...  Looks like me and you are two happy owners of Laděna Víznerová vases  ;D.  (But you're just a tad luckier as your vase has a label).

Thank you again  :)

Offline dirk.

• Members
Re: Clear Czech pressed glass vase - id = Laděna Víznerová
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 10:15:32 PM »
Hi Anik,
it´s a brilliant design, isn´t it? It´s one of my favourite Czech pieces and on my window sill permanently.
One of my first pieces actually - when I started collecting and joined this board.  :kissy:
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Clear Czech pressed glass vase - id = Laděna Víznerová
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 03:51:38 AM »
Hi Dirk...  and my first piece, interestingly enough, was the smaller Wiedmann ball candleholder you identified for me a few months ago  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand