No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: "Made in Taiwan - Republic of China" -- Foil Label  (Read 28132 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
"Made in Taiwan - Republic of China" -- Foil Label
« on: February 22, 2011, 03:13:21 PM »
 :hi:  I bought this for the label.  It is a Red/silver Foil label.  Appears to say on it "Made in Taiwan - Republic of China."

I have seen things that say just *Taiwan* or just *China* on it -- so I was wondering IF this is an older piece of glass with that label.  This only cost a whole $3.00 so not much.  I was just curious about the label, and if anyone could give me some facts on it.  The fact that is it Foil, might it be older?  We all know there are Chinese glass being made today, but IF this is older, does it have some collect-ability at all?

Thanks, even if nothing -- just nice to know.....  :kissy: and IF a dumb question, Sorry  :spls:

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: "Made in Taiwan - Republic of China" -- Foil Label
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 03:26:57 PM »
See here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_China
The important things to note are that the Republic of China is not the People's Republic of China (the big one) and that Taiwan became part of the Republic of China after World War II and now is the biggest portion of the Republic of China.

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:17:27 PM »
I bought this for the label.  

And here I thought I was the only one foolish enough to do that sort of thing :)

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 06:30:06 PM »
And here I thought I was the only one foolish enough to do that sort of thing :)

Astrid

:spls2: me to

If I find *anything* with a label I think might be different, or unique -- or could be used in the Glass Gallery for labels -- I buy it.  How else do we make a Label reference Library.....LOL

:thup: :24:

Any ideas on the date?  Might this be older ??  :or: that stuff more recent ?? 

Now that I have a pic of the label and glass -- it can be *recycled* back to the charity store   ;D

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 11:59:24 PM »
I normally only buy something if I like it, no matter where it was possibly made. A known maker is good of course, its the form and colour etc that leads me to buy a piece mainly. No doubt after reading this thread, I well get a label fetish too  :thud:

Offline heartofsklo

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 12:00:13 AM »
Are there any links to some glass label websites?

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 04:53:46 AM »
You can take a look here:  http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/index.php?cat=6

:hi:

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 05:41:14 AM »
I also try to maintain a label album on my Picasa of everything I come across, if you click on the link in my sig you'll see it. And don't hesitate to help identify them if you spot anything you know and I don't :)

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 09:10:30 PM »
....... No doubt after reading this thread, I well get a label fetish too  :thud:

I also try to maintain a label album on my Picasa of everything I come across....

Astrid

:thup: :thup:  All in the name of Glass Research -- never know what one may stumble upon  :smg:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand