No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Swedish art glass bottle or decanter - importer George Hardy - Maker help please  (Read 1945 times)

Offline user9318

• Members
Mod: Important Note. As at 19 May 2020, a thread by Wayne advises that George Hardy was not the importer of various glass items as has been stated in threads within the GMB. The correct importer name is Hans Geismar.

I have a Swedish art glass bottle vase or maybe it is a decanter, imported by George Hardy.

My curiosity has got the better of me the last couple of weeks, who is the maker? I have searched google, ebay, here for George Hardy, but I have not found another one.
I have had a look also on 20th Century Glass and there is a clear glass decanter, similar in style on there by Alsterfors Glass, but not the same, could this also be by them?

It is 7¾" tall x 6" width x 2½" depth approximately

It has a ground out pontil and George Hardy's import label.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
 ;D
I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest Eric Hoglund as designer, so possibly from Kosta Boda.
(I'm going simply by the colour and the general sort of shape, with the unusal centre part. I might have expected some bubbles in the glass if it was Hoglund and they're not there. ??? )

But there is every possibility I'm just going to get my head chopped off immediately by somebody such as John or Ivo who would know for sure.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline user9318

• Members
Thank you for your input Sue, you are correct, there are no bubbles in the glass.

I will do a search and see if something turns up, you never know eh!

Offline user9318

• Members
After searching google images for Eric Hoglund, I see what you mean about the colour being right, but that is about all.

I am still no nearer to finding the maker of this piece and probably won't! Not to worry, it just would have been nice to know, but thank you for your input and help Sue.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
I'm sure someboody else has much better knowledge than I do in this sort of area. Don't give up yet.
We don't "give up" here. 8)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline kisslikeether

• Members
    • 20th Century Scandianvian
Bergdala, Björkshult or Gullaskruf are avenues to try.

Offline user9318

• Members
Thank you Sue for your reply.

Thank you kisslikeether for the suggestions, I have looked at Gullaskruf a little, but not in depth, the others you mention, I will do a search and see if I come up with a match.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Please see Important Note in initial post.
KevinH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand