No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Small pressed purple vase - czech? - ID = Václav Hanuš - Rudolfova huť  (Read 4874 times)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
I bought this recently without much thinking because it had a very similar feel (and similar colour) as a triangular vase I have identified from the Sklo Union CD and older messages on this board as pattern 12996, Vaclav Hanus for Rudolfova (and because it was merely a couple of euros).

The smaller one doesn't have a triangular shape, instead it has 2 sides drawn out, and it doesn't have the indentations at the lower part of the side either, but for the rest I thought it was a variation on that theme (the rim looks certainly similar). However, I can't seem to find this one on the CD, so I might be off. This one is 12 cm high. Base is 4 cm at the narrowest part and 4.5 at the widest. Rim is 9 cm at the widest and 7 cm at the narrowest part.

I put another picture where it's compared to the 12996 (on the left). The colour is also slighty different, so it might be either much more modern, or from different origins entirely.
Any help appreciated...

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Small pressed purple vase - czech?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 08:41:03 AM »
I'm sorry I can't help you, Astrid, but I wanted to say that it's a lovely vase -- I really like the way the rim slopes down, and the shape and color are great!  I hope it is Czech  :X:

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 09:20:27 AM »
You are going right direction Atrid!
The smaller piece is also Václav Hanuš - Rudolfova huť - 12995, 1958.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskloslovenskesklo

Offline astrid

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 01:09:41 PM »
Ah, that pattern number is not included on Marcus' Sko CD (he goes from 12994 to 12996)- that's why I couldn't find it. Jindrich, you're such a treasure!

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 02:38:12 PM »
Astrid, how wonderful!  Good for you  ;D

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 04:12:46 PM »
Special set of this vase had been produced for Expo 1958 in Brussel. I have the pissing-boy one in my collection :-)
Jindrich

www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 05:04:01 PM »
Super!... and with the Manneken Pis  ;D

Offline astrid

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 07:06:06 PM »
Special set of this vase had been produced for Expo 1958 in Brussel. I have the going-boy one in my collection :-)
Jindrich

www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Ah, well I bought mine at a Belgium fleamarket, so it was at least somewhat close to Brussels :). Yours look great. Maybe some of these limited editions were even sold in Belgium, so I'll keep my eyes open... You never know - someone might mistake them for cheap Belgian tourist pieces!

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Now I've also got a Hanus 12995 vase...  in a funky lime-green colour.  :D

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Nice colour, Anik! (This colour is still missing in my SU collection).
Here is mine :)

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand