No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ? Wedgwood glass bird. Help please in identifying.  (Read 7728 times)

Offline Alfies Dad

• Members
    • uk
Re: ? Wedgwood glass bird. Help please in identifying.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
Hi, I like these wedgwood birds alot, thinking!!! how much of my hard earned cash would it take to own one of these delights???

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 02:24:37 PM »
if you look here   http://www.wedgwoodglass.co.uk/  ...it will give you some idea of prices that were current about 2 years ago.    Does anyone know if this site is still active??

Offline jakgene

• Members
  • Mrs Doasyouwouldbedoneby
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 03:12:58 AM »
the Wedgwood glass site is still active. I have bought a couple of things happily from them within the last year , and they sell through ebay too.  I think their seller name is vetus_purgamentum .  There are items listed at the moment but no Wedgwood that I could see. you could email them and ask - the Wedgwood glass site doesn't get updated that often but they often have other items available  Also www.marg.co.uk sells Wedgwood animals, and Susan's book I think,  - she has no long tailed birds on the site at present though and that has been updated recently, but still worth asking.

JAK (Wedgwood collector  ;D) And I don't have a long tailed bird yet either  :X: still looking  - guess they didn't fly this far very often.....
West Oz

jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass
British Glass, Scandinavian Glass, Murano Glass,
Paperweights. (and anything gorgeous!)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 08:31:59 AM »
thanks for your helpful reply Jak.   It would appear that this particular piece is certainly far less common than most of the other 'animals/birds'.    Maybe the production 'run' was smaller.    Couple of years back I was offered two in a charity shop for something like a quid ...but one had a broken tail, so I kept only the one, and I think I will hang on to it. :)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 03:28:53 PM »
On behalf of the gentleman who was going to sell this piece, but with your expert help, has now decided to keep it,  :thup: I would like to thank you all for your input, advice and immeasurable help.
You never fail to impress me with the generosity you show with sharing your knowledge.

Thank you all so much. :ghug: 

rosieposie. :rah:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline jakgene

• Members
  • Mrs Doasyouwouldbedoneby
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 12:39:52 PM »
In case anyone is looking for one - the Wedgwood Glass site mentioned above now has several long tailed glass birds for sale -£65 - £85. And I finally bought mine two weeks ago from USA. It arrived today and is lovely!

JAK

jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass
British Glass, Scandinavian Glass, Murano Glass,
Paperweights. (and anything gorgeous!)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 12:56:52 PM »
thanks JAK  -  kind of you to post this information.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand