No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Scandinavian vase? probably not.  (Read 4480 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Scandinavian vase? probably not.
« on: December 04, 2005, 11:38:18 PM »
7 inches high with a thin rim and a thick base.
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10011/normal_Picture%20064.jpg
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10011/normal_Picture%20070.jpg
Knowing my look it's probably Caithness.  :(

All comment's welcome.  :)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 10:40:09 AM »
*mock shock*

Nothing wrong with poor old Caithness!  :lol:

The vase is a very nice colour. No idea who it's by, tho.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 06:33:13 PM »
Nothing wrong with Caithness except for the value of Caithness.
In my area I find that Caithness is difficult to sell at £5.  :)

If it's Caithness I might make a £3 profit. £3 profit on an item that big isn't very good for a stall with more than 100 items to fit on 3 tables. All of which make a £5 profit (hopefully) unless they are small items.

Picture this, I have a Caithness vase on my stall and it's worth £5. Would it not be better to put two smaller items on my stall that are as sell-able as the Caithness vase and worth £5 each?

I think that I think too much.  :lol:
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 07:00:30 PM »
This is why the good lord invented selling on the internet!  :D

You may get £5-ish if it is Caithness, though eBay is a little hit & miss for it.

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 07:24:01 PM »
Ebay? that means I have to minus it by 50p. I can't have that.  :lol:

i'll just count my money now and I'll be back in a moment. I have three guests to visit me.  :wink:

I'm a "bung it all on a stall and hope for the best" kind of fella. I'm too lazy too put everything on ebay.  :)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 07:33:48 PM »
But the joy of eBay is that you can do it in your pants if you so desire - as many may well do - unlike the freezing cold hardship of leaving the house at 5am to do a stall!  :lol: This priviledge is well worth 50p (which you can hide in your P&P anyway)!

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 08:30:41 PM »
I'm too much of a gentleman to do ebay without my pants on.  :oops:

I think if I was to put things on eBay I'd have to use this message board less often. It's very addictive on here. Actually not long after I came here I gave up putting loads of items on ebay.

I'm too honest to hide 50p in my postage and packaging (no, really). I don't charge people for the box or packaging as I get it free anyway.

I suppose I could change my strategy for items under £6.  :)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 08:37:56 PM »
I charge a nominal amount for packaging, even though I get it free, as I wrap everything very carefully and can sometimes spend a fair while hunting out the right box/packaging, etc... as well as printing out labels and all the rest of it. This mainly goes towards covering my eBay/Paypal fees, but I don't feel like I'm cheating anyone by charging it because of the overall time, care and attention I put in.

This is what I tell myself when I go to sleep at night, anyway!  :lol:

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 10:24:55 PM »
Quote from: "Pinkspoons"
This is what I tell myself when I go to sleep at night, anyway!  :lol:

Ever since I joined this board I have't been able to sleep at night. It is all the excitment of learning something new. I'm sure no one has square eyes as big as mine.  :)

Perhaps "honest" was the wrong word to use, I think it is fairly normal and honest to charge for box and packaging especially if it's for a business. I don't charge because it encourage's more buyers, though i'm not certian on that.  :)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 10:35:37 PM »
I've found a lot of people aren't swayed by cheap postage unless it's free.

Quite often you'll see two of the same item going off on eBay and one will be, say, £1.75 postage and t'other will be £3, and the more expensive one will have more bids on. Folk don't take postage into account when pricing up items it seems.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand