No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Archimede Seguso Bowl...Label...  (Read 1544 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Archimede Seguso Bowl...Label...
« on: July 11, 2010, 12:16:36 AM »
Ok...it isn't his finest work but at least it has a label!  :chky:

I also think it is good we have found one of these bowls with a label by a master glass blower. Shame it doesn't have bullicante then i would be even more chuffed than I am now!

The label is in a horrible state which is unfortunate but you can still tell what the label says...quite a small bowl at 11cm in length and 5cm high.

Lovely smokey grey/black colour that bleeds through to the clear glass giving it a lovely tinge.

Once again it isn't much...but I was extremely happy to find it at the markets.  :rn:

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Archimede Seguso Bowl...Label...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 06:13:25 AM »
OOPS! I am not sure it is Archimede Seguso. It is not his normal scalloped edge round label or his oval label and I zoomed in on the image and couldn't see anything that made me think it was by him.

Could be SVDA or AVEM but even then I am not sure as I think this circular label was a generic one.

Sorry! Hope I am wrong :X:

Ardy
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: Archimede Seguso Bowl...Label...
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 07:31:46 AM »
Now I have doubts ardy...ARGH...LOL...the AVeM label should read Made In Italy with a star and Murano. This one reads Made In Murano Italy with the 2 circles nears italy. I pulled out the magnifying glass to read and spread back some of the label. Am not willing to peel back in many more as it is in a fragile state. Could it be a label for his tourist glass? The circle left by the label does confuse me a little. If it is generic...so be it. I didn't pay much for it!

Maybe the mods could attach ??? to the end of Archimede Seguso.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand