No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: * CZECH mate --- with Label  (Read 13211 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
* CZECH mate --- with Label
« on: July 17, 2010, 09:49:50 AM »
 :hi: Hi:
I can say I know this one - Well, not really, but it has a label on it that say *Bohemia Glass, Made in Czechoslovakia*.  So OK we know that, but what year, and the maker anyone special?  (Help)??  About 7.75 inches tall, and 3.25 wide at the widest middle point.....and quite heavy.  A different yellowish color.  Is it older?  Whose label is that?  Being a Foil label, was it made years ago?  Do you have this label in the label gallery?

So can anyone help me further with info on this piece. Thxs  :kissy:

* psssssssssssst:  I only paid $4 for it, so I hope that was a good deal....
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
Re: * CZECH mate --- with Label
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 10:16:26 AM »
It's by the Rosice factory part of the Sklo union group of Glassworks and is known as a Lens or Bullet Vase.

They come in two sizes and yours is the larger version these are harder to find. Also I don't have that colour way in that size so now I have turned slightly green with envy.

Re: Price, yes very well done because I paid £20-30 for mine.

I added an old picture of mine, got several more since I took it. :)

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 12:43:51 PM »
Rose, it's fabulous!  I've got a transparent one and a light blue one... I'll just add that it was designed by Rudolf Schrotter.  :)

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 12:54:57 PM »
Rose, it's fabulous!  I've got a transparent one and a light blue one... I'll just add that it was designed by Rudolf Schrotter.  :)

In c1955 :)
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 01:37:54 PM »
Wow, Nemmie, that's quite a collection of bullet vases  :o!  My two small ones don't look so impressive now compared to yours  :'( ;D

I'd be happy with one more 15cm vase to add to my collection as three is such a lovely number.  (About a week ago, I had the opportunity to buy a transparent one for 15zl (just under 4 euro), but I passed only because I already have a transparent one.)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 02:44:41 PM »
Just few from my collection. If anybody need a piece to complete colour row, let me know please.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 02:54:01 PM »
 :o :o :o  Jindrich, you really know how to make a girl cry...  :mrgreen:

BEAUTIFUL!  And in so many colors...  am I ever jealous. 

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 08:44:22 PM »
Thanks all.....glad to hear it is 1955, so 55 years old already (and older than me by some years)  :24:  Is this color just known as Yellow, or is there some fancy name for it??

The reason I ask this because I noted Jindrich had several different colors to yellow to almost gold color.

Beautiful all the colors Jindrich has -- and this is just my first piece.....and Sure has a good weight to it

;)
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 09:15:09 PM »
Well I didn't even know they made a brown one so I can add that to my want list but apart from that I need amethyst, clear and yellow for a full set as I have more than are in my picture now.

The large ones are a long term project though, well to be honest they all are. The thrill of the chase is part of the joy so I am not sure I would want to fill all my gaps all in one go. Thought you might have a lot though Jindrich :)

Oh and although they were designed in 1955 they made them for a very long time so your vase may be a lot newer than that, I am sure Jindrich can be more specific as to how long. I think the slight variations in colour are due to different amounts of ingredients being available at the glassworks but again I am sure Jindrich can tell us more.

― Henry Ford

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 04:20:05 AM »
...as I have more than are in my picture now.

Nemmie, you also know how to make a girl cry! You've got over 10 bullet vases?  :o

Here is a photo of my HUGE bullet vase collection...  IMPRESSIVE, eh?  In case anyone is feeling highly sorry for me, I do accept donations of any color...  :24:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand