No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Id confirmation please, might be Olympie, by Jelinek for Skrdlovice?  (Read 5003 times)

Offline Littleblackhen

• Members
    • South Yorkshire
    • The Glass Lady
I was lucky enough to buy a whole hoard of glass from an antique shop which was being cleared by a household removals team (they were throwing things in skips!) and I have a few that I think are really good.

Here is one that I think is an Olympie vase by Jelinek for Skrdlovice, based on the picture on page 42 of Mark Hill's Hi Sklo, Lo Sklo book.  The difference is that this one is in a much darker colourway than that shown, but he says that it was only produced in the one colourway so I am unsure.

The height is 14 inches, 36cm.  It looks more like a glass rolling pin than anything :)

I haven't seen one of these for sale anywhere, so would appreciate a guide price as I intend selling it on.  Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Glass-Lady/552453431473856

Check out my facebook page for my current stock available at Elsecar and The Sheffield Emporium.

Offline bOBA

• Members
Re: Id confirmation please, might be Olympie, by Jelinek for Skrdlovice?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 01:20:49 PM »
It certainly looks very likely. Do you have the deliberate large air bubbles in the bottom of the vase? It is hard to tell from the picture. If you have the large air bubbles as well as the green I would think it certainly a Jelinek vase. I have seen a few of these and they can be very dark indeed. Studio lighting can make them appear lighter than they actually are! Lovely piece!

Robert (bOBA)

Offline Littleblackhen

• Members
    • South Yorkshire
    • The Glass Lady
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 04:11:39 PM »
Yes, there are about 8 or 9 large bubbles in the base :)

Check out my facebook page for my current stock available at Elsecar and The Sheffield Emporium.

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 07:35:08 PM »
This looks to me like a resolved glass query, nice piece, :thup:
Robert (bOBA)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
bOBA is true as ussual.

Skrdlovice, Vladimir Jelinek 1964 - pattern 6437/34 - valuable piece.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline Littleblackhen

• Members
    • South Yorkshire
    • The Glass Lady
Thanks for confirming that Jindrich.  Do you have any ball park estimate of how valuable exactly?  I would like to sell it, but I have no idea how to price it.

Offline Littleblackhen

• Members
    • South Yorkshire
    • The Glass Lady
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 06:07:26 AM »
I took this to the Antiques Road show yesterday at Chatsworth.  The expert was Will Farmer.  He got quite excited by this vase and talked to me for quite a while with a big crowd around, but no cameras - phew!  If anyone is wondering, he valued it at £300 - £500, which I am quite pleased about as I paid £6 :D

I will be putting this up for sale soon if anyone is interested ;)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 04:23:21 PM »
WOW!  You must have been extremely pleased to hear that!  Great news, and really lovely vase  :)

Offline quill

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 01:24:33 AM »
I took this to the Antiques Road show yesterday at Chatsworth.  The expert was Will Farmer.  He got quite excited by this vase and talked to me for quite a while with a big crowd around, but no cameras - phew!  If anyone is wondering, he valued it at £300 - £500, which I am quite pleased about as I paid £6

Well done!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand