No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: * CZECH mate --- with Label  (Read 13130 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: * CZECH mate --- with Label
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 06:49:46 AM »
...as I have more than are in my picture now.

Nemmie, you also know how to make a girl cry! You've got over 10 bullet vases?  :o

Here is a photo of my HUGE bullet vase collection...  IMPRESSIVE, eh?  In case anyone is feeling highly sorry for me, I do accept donations of any color...  :24:

here you guys go...start bidding:
Pretty Blue Bullet Vase, Click here

Yellow Bullet vase, Click Here

Would this one GLOW?
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 07:12:54 AM »
Ah Rose...  if only things were that easy!  But no money means no fun (if I did have the money, I'd contact our Jindrich and take him up on his offer  ;D).

I'll just have to be patient (I was offered a 1-year position as lecturer at the Pedagogical University of Krakow for the next academic year which, in addition to my current job -- which BTW is non-existant during the summer months and means no income for me until October -- will hopefully bring some extra money to my disposal  :X:)

November.  November will be my special glass-buying month.  Czech-glass buying that is.  Only about 90 days to go...  :24:

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 07:22:19 AM »
November. November will be my special glass-buying month.  Czech-glass buying that is.  Only about 90 days to go...  :24:

Me too -- November is my birthday....the Big one.  I will have to by myself a gift too  ;D

....and ssssssssssssssssssshh - only about 120 days till  :st:

:cry:  :thud:

We must always buy ourselves a piece of glass-- as a Gift !!!

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »
...as I have more than are in my picture now.

Nemmie, you also know how to make a girl cry! You've got over 10 bullet vases?  :o

Here is a photo of my HUGE bullet vase collection...  IMPRESSIVE, eh?  In case anyone is feeling highly sorry for me, I do accept donations of any color...  :24:

Yes, I have 13 now. 10 standard size and 3 Large. I also have another that is in two halves but displays well ;)

I just found a large Waisted in blue at a boot fair which made it worth getting up at 5:30am. This means that I now have 2 large Waisted and 5 small and my Rosice obsession continues! :)
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 12:57:53 PM »
You cruel, cruel heartless man  :cry:...

What a beautiful collection.  I haven't got any Schmid pieces yet to my name...  but I will, slowly but surely  :).

Thank you for sharing your pictures!  Absolutely lovely!!!

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 12:59:16 PM »
Me too -- November is my birthday....the Big one.  I will have to by myself a gift too  ;D

....and ssssssssssssssssssshh - only about 120 days till  :st:

:cry:  :thud:

We must always buy ourselves a piece of glass-- as a Gift !!!

Mine too, but not a big one like Rose's (cos I've already passed that one eh Rose!) :)

Anik, are you collecting all Czech glass or just selected patterns?
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 01:06:38 PM »
You cruel, cruel heartless man  :cry:...

What a beautiful collection.  I haven't got any Schmid pieces yet to my name...  but I will, slowly but surely  :).

Thank you for sharing your pictures!  Absolutely lovely!!!

No problem, I am sure your collection will grow with time. Everything comes to those who wait and I am sure Jindrich will be along to make me cry with a picture of his hundreds of waisted vases, no doubt including colours that I didn't even know existed!

The one I bought today was only £1 but it was filthy and I thought it had water staining but luckily all the gunk game off.
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 02:09:02 PM »
Everything comes to those who wait and I am sure Jindrich will be along to make me cry with a picture of his hundreds of waisted vases, no doubt including colours that I didn't even know existed!

:24:  I'm sure that if Jindrich posted photos of ALL his stunning Czech glass, our jealous tears would cause a flood worldwide! 

Nemmie, a quid for the 1032 Rosice vase is unbelievable -- what a bargain, filthy or not!  Oh, I'm starting to feel my eyes get shiny again  ;).

Anne, a few months ago, I would have said I want to collect all Czech glass.  But now, I see I've developed some preferences and even pass over pieces which are not so much to my liking, even if very cheap. 

I really like Czech pressed glass from the 2nd half of the 20th century -- the glassworks makes no difference to me as long as the piece has an industrial or masculine feel...  those are my favorite!  Anything Czech which is masculine/industrial/heavy... 

I also really like Czech hotworked vases and 'sculptural' vases (like the 50s Beraneks' designs).  Oh, and I think Vizner was/is a genious -- I think all his pieces (at least those I've seen in Jindrich's photos) are facinating!  I also like some Czech cut glass as seen in 'Hi Sklo Lo Sklo' (for example the 'Town' vase by Harcuba, the Oliva vase on page 118, the Pravec vase on 119 and the Svarc pieces on 122 and 123.)  I'm partial to vases.

Though not masculine, I also like Zelezny Brod glassworks vases...  especially the clean lines and simplicity of Klinger's pieces.

What I don't particularly like are Chribka pieces (too colorful and gaudy in my opinion) and any type of 'Niagara' basket-type octopus thing  :spls:.  I also don't really like Mstisov Romana or Rhapsody pieces (again, too much color and 'busy-ness' to them.)  Don't really like any piece which reminds me of Murano.  I'm also not fond of gilded/enamelled glass.  And I don't like dainty pieces.

But then again, maybe within the next few months, my taste will be even more refined/specific than it is at the moment.  I'm kind of like a kid in a candy shop and would take almost anything just because it's Czech.  :) 

I'm sorry for going on and on about my likes and dislikes... 

:kissy:

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 02:19:42 PM »
I like the heavy thick pieces too.  I only paid $ 4 dollars (CAD) for this.  I never even noticed it had a label till I got home, and was happy it did.

I want to Thank all *those* people from years ago --- That Never Washed the labels off Glass Pieces.  TY    :thup:
:24:

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 06:27:46 PM »
Anik, I agree, the big plain colour chunkies are superb. Two of the most stunning pieces I've seen and handled were an Adolf Matura head vase http://sklounion.com/SkloUnion/Maturahead72.html which was so much bigger than I'd expected it to be, and the Sotola plate which is on the front cover of Marcus' book http://sklounion.com/sklounion_cover3.jpg. That was huge and thick and heavy, just gorgeous!  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand