No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: * CZECH mate --- with Label  (Read 13205 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: * CZECH mate --- with Label
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 12:37:56 PM »
Course you can Anik, it'd be a bit of a squash as it's very cluttered but you'd be surrounded by glass stuff! :24:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »
Just to be pedantic, Rose's vase is the bullet vase, the lens one is a different pattern: http://www.pips-trip.co.uk/sold-glass-archives/sklo-union-glass-1/showitem-1SKLO-LENSFV.aspx - somewhere on the board is a post by Marcus explaining this. :)

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php?topic=8657.0
I remembered having seen this: Actually (then at least) it was not supposed to be called "Bullet" so it should be "Schrötter's lens vase", and "Vizner's lens vase" ? In Marcus's (superb) book (which I keep on having on my bedside table for looking at pics on and on) on page 54 the one so often (however) called "bullet" is described as "Rudolf Schrötter's "Lens" vase".

I think a Berlin wall piece of concrete would fit beside the SU glass you have Anne.  ;D  (btw; see page 22 in the book)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 12:46:51 PM »
Course you can Anik, it'd be a bit of a squash as it's very cluttered but you'd be surrounded by glass stuff! :24:

I promise to make myself as small and unassuming as possible -- I certainly wouldn't want to take the limelight away from the glass.  ;D

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 04:44:07 PM »
That'll teach me for typing from memory rather than looking up the earlier topic, thanks px. :) Yes page 22 is the other piece of cullet I referred to... I think Marcus said he only brought back 2 pieces, or maybe 3... it was a while ago and my memory's a bit fuzzy (actually I think it's waterlogged from all the rain!!!)  If I have a piece of Berlin Wall, I'd also like a chunk of moonrock... but then where would Anik sit? The desk would be too full! :24:

Anik, if you manage to get to the UK you can come visit us as well as Steph - we're not that far apart (same county). :thup:

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 05:48:57 PM »
If I have a piece of Berlin Wall, I'd also like a chunk of moonrock... but then where would Anik sit? The desk would be too full! :24:

Uh, Anne? I'm sure you're not implying that the glass and rock-things have priority seating over me on your desk, are you? Bunny dear?  :'(  No, I'm sure you're not... 

;D

P.S.  Thank you for the invitation!!!   :kissy:  I really do hope that within the next year I could come to England for a few days to experience a car-boot, a few charity shops and a flea market.  A girl needs to look after her own needs once in a blue moon after-all.  ;)

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 11:06:27 PM »
More than once in a blue moon methinks, Anik! :) 

Looks like I need a bigger desk.... 

:rn:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand